*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Other Beginning... The Town
  2. Character selection
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1983560-Rental-Life/cid/1920677-Other-Beginning-The-Town
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Adult · #1983560
A major medical breakthrough allows for people to rent out their life
This choice: Other  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Other Beginning... The Town

    by: The Head Swapper
Everyone had heard of the Town. With the development of nanotechnology various scientific feats were easily accomplished. Amputees easily had limbs replaced, and surgeries once thought impossible became possible. While brain surgeries remained out of the plausible realm due to the incredible fragility of the human brain, human head transplants became possible, and quite easy to perform.

Because of this tremendous technology, several companies emerged to commercialize the product. One of these companies was called "The Town". No one knew the actual location of the Town, but they knew what it had to offer. Somewhere in some hidden part of the globe was a monstrous facility, roughly 25 square miles, that existed as a self-sustaining simulated American community that could hold up to 50,000 people. The company hoped that this would lead to colonization efforts on Mars and other far off worlds. The Town had one catch however, it already had 50,000 bodies at various ages and genders, but none of them had any heads.

With nanotechnology scientists could easily create fully functioning bodies, but they still struggled handling the complexities of the human brain. All the experiments had gone horribly wrong. After creating the vast facilities and creating a multitude of bodies, the corporation needed heads to fill the roles. With this vacancy the company offered 100 bodies for a hefty price of $500,000 a pop. Whoever paid received a fully functioning healthy body of their choice. The last 100 bodies went out lottery style without anyone knowing what body they would receive. A lottery ticket was a much more affordable $20.

Who is one of the lucky 100 chosen for this experiment?
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 The Head Swapper (UN: riff317 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Head Swapper has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1983560-Rental-Life/cid/1920677-Other-Beginning-The-Town