*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Restaurant
  2. Window Of Opportunity
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1993120-Tiny-Survival/cid/1827765-Restaurant
by Doom
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #1993120
You decide to shrink yourself super tiny and survive, nobody aware of your existence.
This choice: Restaurant  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Restaurant

    by: Doom
You push your chair back from the table and pat your belly appreciatively. Not another bite. It's the most delicious, expensive food you've ever eaten, here in the city's exclusive, top restaurant, but having sampled most of their menu you're ready to exit.

A smile to the waiter for him to bring the bill, and then you rise smoothly, heading toward the restroom. You've spent more money than you've had in your account all year, yet you smile. The staff and customers may have looked askance at your relatively slovenly attire, but you're wearing it for reasons other than looking good while eating. Why, those snooty upper class hogs are probably whispering about you right now, accusing you of trying to skip out on the bill by climbing through a window!

They're half right.

With your belly full of high quality food, your foray into shrunken adventure should be well supplied for at least a day. You'll have enough strength to acquire more, and from there the ultimate challenge will be yours to conquer!

Closing a cubicle door behind yourself, you adjust the device in your pocket, and feel the intensity of it warming up. You pause to lay a small bag on the ground by your feet, then allow the sensation to overwhelm you.

Your eyes open to a world where you are a mere quarter of an inch tall, standing before a grotesque idol to bodily functions, the stains and smells that a normally diligent cleaner would miss all too apparent. Choking back disgust, you pick up the rucksack that you took the precaution of shrinking earlier; it would have looked very odd to enter the restaurant carrying a bundle of survival gear!

Hefting it onto your shoulder, you take stock of the situation. The toilets are not the place you want to set up any sort of camp. Hygiene is one concern, as is the possibility of predatory insects that wouldn't think twice about eating you. Then there's the real possibility of a giant waiter coming in to see why you haven't returned to settle your debt! No, you need to get out of here as soon as possible.

Venturing under the yawning archway of the door,you marvel at the gleaming white chamber beyond, almost a marble temple to the gods. Almost. There will be much better sights once you're free of this stench hole!

The trek to the exit will take a few minutes, plenty of time to ponder a destination. Somewhere to sleep, or maybe staking out a hunting/gathering ground for supplies? Those can always come later though; being well fed, perhaps a little sight seeing, taking in the giants in their native habitat? All involve danger. It may be best to recharge the device - emptied by that last shrinking - so that you'll be able to restore yourself when you wish, although that would involve locating a suitable power source...
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Doom (UN: doom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Doom has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1993120-Tiny-Survival/cid/1827765-Restaurant