*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2025786-TSAR-Trait-Swapping-Alchemical-Ring/cid/1918376-He-calls-up-his-girlfriend-Lauren-and-arrange
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #2025786
Teen finds an alien artifact that can swap traits, but can have dangerous side effects.
This choice: He calls up his girlfriend, Lauren, and arranges a date for tonight.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

He calls up his girlfriend, Lauren, and arrange...

    by: DrZaaijer
Eric was right, James hadn't seen his girlfriend in a while. Not for a proper date anyway, so he called her up and planned a date with her at their favorite Italian Restaurant. James loved this restaurant and took Lauren there many times. The food was good and the price was reasonable for his budget.

All the while that he was preparing for his date he debated whether to tell Lauren about the ring or not. He debated up until the second that he arrived at her door. He was let in by Lauren's parents and made to wait while she 'got ready.' James knew she was ready in plenty of time but she always made him wait. James thought it was some sort of conspiracy agreed upon by all women that they can never be ready to go when their date was at the door. This clinched it, he wouldn't tell her. But he wanted to try the ring out so badly.

Finally they got to the restaurant and sat down. Lauren was talking and normally James would say his piece too, but right now he had other things on his mind. He wanted to test the ring but he had to do so in a way that was unmistakable but was also slight so that if it didn't work he wouldn't make a fool out of himself. James was only half listening to what Lauren was saying preferring to look around at the people at the restaurant trying to come up with an idea of what to do.

Sitting at a table adjacent to Lauren and himself was a British couple. He could tell by their accents. Once he was made aware of them, the woman in particular drew his interest. She was quite very well endowed. Certainly much bigger than Lauren. James wondered what a man like that (the gentlemen she was with was tall but very thin with glasses and quite average looking, not in the league of the woman he was with) was doing with him. James decided to make a swap with them. But what, it had to be something small but unmistakeable. He couldn't swap Lauren's boobs with the boobs of the other woman, that couldn't be nice and what if she noticed, how would he explain it.

What he decided to do was swap their first names with the names of the couple. He'd use her name and see how she reacted. This was the perfect test. It was small, no one would notice and he could swap it back without causing a scene with anyone. He did it. He found his name was now Steven. This disappointed him, he was hoping he would end up with a nice British name like Clive or Nigel. James (now Steven) realized that he was now sitting with Liz instead of Lauren. But he had to find out so he broke into the conversation, "L-L-Liz, I have to go to the mensroom." He didn't have to do, but he had to find an excuse to use her name.

"Steven, sure go then." 'Liz' said naturally.

It had worked, he was now Steven (he knew his name should be James, but he knew it was Steven nevertheless.) He would quickly go to the restroom and return and try to say Liz as often as he could. This was so cool. 'Liz' had talked for a while now it was his turn.
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 DrZaaijer (UN: itsme2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
DrZaaijer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2025786-TSAR-Trait-Swapping-Alchemical-Ring/cid/1918376-He-calls-up-his-girlfriend-Lauren-and-arrange