*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. A Golden Opportunity
  2. Bad News
  3. Sunrise
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2075317-Adventures-of-Texas/cid/2104857-A-Golden-Opportunity
Rated: GC · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #2075317
Follow Sheriff Texas as she tries to take back her town! Or get squashed in the process.
This choice: Protect the gold coach.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

A Golden Opportunity

    by: SquashedFlat
"Yer right. Ah could waste all mornin' checkin' her hangouts, but at the end o' the day, she'll be goin' after the gold." Texas gives April a nod, and gets one in return. "Alright, you hold down the fort here, partner. I'll be back with that fat-ass roo in no time."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a few hours later now, and Texas lay hidden inside the coach, surrounded by crates of gold nuggets. The carriage drivers had been more than happy to let the sheriff tag along when she explained the situation, going so far to even lend her a spare rifle in addition to her usual revolver. If Roxxie did attack, Texas would make sure she had a bad time.

However, at this point the sheriff was having her doubts. They had been travelling for a while now, and if they went any further, they would be safely within the limits of the next town over. Maybe Roxxie didn't know about the carriage. Maybe-

The carriage suddenly jerked to a halt, yanking Texas from her thoughts. The weasel sat up and slightly tugged back the curtain blocking one window, seeing exactly what she expected. About thirty yards ahead was the rotton roo herself, smirking down at the carriage from atop her massive, fat steed, easily as big as the coash Texas was hiding in. In one of the roo's hands was a pair of colossal saddle bags, and in the other was an extra-large revolver.

"I'm sure you know how this works by this point." Roxxie says, smiling at the carriage drivers and tossing the saddlebags forwards into the dusty desert road. "Start loading 'em up."

As the carriage crew scurried over to grab the saddlebags, Texas narrowed her eyes and held her rifle at the ready, debating how to deal with this. If she leapt out of the coach now she would have the drop on Roxxie, but might put the crew in danger. On the other hand, if she climbed out the opposite door of the carriage, she might be able to circle around the sand dunes and get the drop on the bandit, but if she was seen the element of surprise, her only advantage, would be lost.

You have the following choices:

1. Leap out guns blazing!

2. Play it smart and stealthy.

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 SquashedFlat (UN: wolfbro225 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SquashedFlat has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2075317-Adventures-of-Texas/cid/2104857-A-Golden-Opportunity