*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Shopping Mall
  2. Settings
  3. Introduction & Story Selection
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2108669-Full-Mealtimes-At-Gerberts/cid/2348740-Shopping-Mall
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Horror/Scary · #2108669
The highs and lows of a complex kids pizzeria, of both the weighty and horrific variety.
This choice: Shopping Mall  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Shopping Mall

    by: Elusive Wordsmith
Crosscreek Glen Mall was already a modest success before Gerbert Gerbil & the Cosmic Crew opened there. It was a two and a half story mall with approximately a hundred and forty storefronts, stalls and shops. It was certainly the biggest mall in the region, the kind decked out in plastic tropical plants and a high vaulted glass atrium in the center. Surrounded by parking lots that went on and on and on.

Before Gerbert's the mall already boasted an impressive variety of venues. There was the food court, specialty shops, attractions like a bowling alley and exercise club. There had been three other restaurants connected to the mall, offering causal dining in contrast to the food court's grab and go service. Crosscreek Glen Mall attracted all kinds of shoppers. Families went there for their purchasing needs and perhaps eating out. Teens flocked to the mall in their cliques if they weren't looking for part time jobs. Kids were drawn to the child friendly shops and play area. There was also a dedicated nursery to mind the young, impatient toddlers while their families were working through their shopping list.

Suffice to say, Crosscreek Glen Mall was not prepared for Gerbert Gerbil's.

No other restaurant was as intricate. You had full dining, an outer space theme, in house arcade, animatronic mascots along with myriad infrastructure, office space and utilities for the inner workings of the party center. Gerbert's existed as its own microcosm within the mall's amenities. And they could host birthdays there. Upon their grand opening birthdays had been booked out for eight months solid, with more coming throughout the year. Add to this the Gerbert's gift shop next to the entrance, selling some merchandise and toys while keeping the exclusive stuff as arcade prizes to entice patrons to spend their coin on the games.

As Gerbert's had beat out two other lucrative properties looking to lease the mall space, the restaurant looked poised to singlehandedly take Crosscreek Glen Mall to the next level of retail outlets. Nearly five months of renovations had taken place to overhaul the space for the future Gerbert's layout, making mall visitors curious as to what was going on at the establishment.

People flocked to check out the newest mall property, seeing the shows starring the signature Cosmic Crew: astronaut Gerbert Gerbil, funky-pop musician Hippo Don, desert making Moolia the Cow and vibrant Fuchsia the Flamingo.

Who's to say, maybe the restaurant was going to be a success?
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Elusive Wordsmith (UN: raccoon6 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Elusive Wordsmith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2108669-Full-Mealtimes-At-Gerberts/cid/2348740-Shopping-Mall