*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2108669-Full-Mealtimes-At-Gerberts/cid/2523416-Party-Warehouse
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Horror/Scary · #2108669
The highs and lows of a complex kids pizzeria, of both the weighty and horrific variety.
This choice: Party Warehouse  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Party Warehouse

    by: Elusive Wordsmith
The real trick about Cosmic Crew Parties Delivered was that few people knew where it was. Of course it had a billable address for tax records and public notices needed for a company. It was just that nobody ever went there unless they worked there. After all, 'Parties Delivered' was right there in the company title. Of course you never went there, the party came to you.

Each facet of the company had its own floor of the warehouse. All rentals were carried out by the dedicated phone lines in the administrative office, also handling payroll, marketing, internal affairs and all the other bureaucratic needs a business needs. Next came the catering floor, with a big industrial kitchen and fully stocked pantry and freezers to pump out pizzas, cakes, sides and other treats to feed a party. Inventory had its own floor as well, a warehouse of Cosmic Crew plushies, toys and other presents to wrap up for that special birthday boy or girl. Then you had the maintenance floor for the animatronics. The main cast of Gerbert Gerbil, Hippo Don, Moolia the Cow and Fuchsia the Flamingo had their charging stations with reams of replacement parts. Sure, it took a long while for the animatronics to charge but these were state of the art. They could move and walk on their own without power cords, relying on clunky internal batteries. Sure they were massive but that allowed for multiple kids to crowd in on the photo.

Cosmic Crew Parties Delivered had a motor pool with its own fleet of trucks. One set of trucks was used solely to transport the animatronics. The others were for catering and gifts. Most parties were a two truck delivery. The drivers and handlers would set up the venue, oversee the party, and then bring the animatronics back home to recharge.

Does this sound like a lot? That's because it was. While the warehouse looked normal from the outside, nigh unrecognizable as being the home of Gerbert and friends without the small sign by the front door, the rest of the floors were underground. Few knew how far deep, most sticked to the elevator instead of the stairs. That elevator could take awhile to go from floor to floor.

It was too ambitious to fail. A tad too ambitious. All this warehouse space and they only had one set of the Cosmic Crew animatronics. Sure, there were plenty of spare parts to build more but only the sole set had managed to work. Management was aiming to expand gradually, keep to exclusive high paying customers until they could branch out to multiple markets.

Almost ironically, the party warehouse with a business mission to create joy and wonder for children's birthday's was a joyless place to work. All the magic, as it were, happened at location when the private party tucked into their spread and saw the animatronics roam about to meet the kids. The warehouse was solely a business. No customers came here, few if any decorations lined the halls. For the skeletal staff meant to work in such an oversized facility, some could forget that the Cosmic Crew brand was meant to inspire minds to the far reaches of space. The warehouse was just the opposite, the most mundane industrial bunker you could have on earth, a seemingly normal place save for its fantastic wares.

Working at Cosmic Crew Parties Delivered, whenever you weren't on assignment you felt cut off from the rest of the world.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Elusive Wordsmith (UN: raccoon6 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Elusive Wordsmith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2108669-Full-Mealtimes-At-Gerberts/cid/2523416-Party-Warehouse