*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Sarah Mcbride
  2. The beginning
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2109209-Squishy-Stories/cid/2271724-Sarah-Mcbride
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Adult · #2109209
A new tale to the Squishy universe
This choice: Sarah Mcbride  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Sarah Mcbride

    by: SquishyKat
A sudden, crushing weight ripped you back to reality from your sleeping state. Rubbing your tired eyes, the face of the devil, AKA your twin sister Kasey, only in her underwear, filled your vision.

“Wakey wakey weirdo! Don't want to miss the last day of Junior year do you?” She asked, with her still sitting on your chest.

Rolling your eyes, you let your head drop back onto the pillow. Grumbling something inconsiderate, you pushed her off your chest. A smile formed on your face as you heard the thud. Climbing out of bed, you stumbled over to the bathroom, which your little brother John had just run from when he saw you coming. He hid around the corner, and you just sighed and shook your head. Walking inside, you clicked the door shut, then locked it. It became muscle memory to lock the door since John always tried to spy on you, Kasey, and your mother Ellis.He never seemed to in get in trouble when he got caught though. Mom would say that is was “just a phase” and continue on about her business.

After checking the room for any “surprises” he left and smelling the body wash for anything different, you turned the shower on, stripped, and began showering. The water was absolutely freezing, but you didn't really care. You finished relatively quickly, and dried off. With a swipe of a hand, the foggy mirror revealed the old, tired soul that was Sarah Mcbride.After drying your hair and face, and brushing your teeth you sauntered back over to your room.

10 mins later, you walked out in a pair of blue jeans and a black hoodie. Stepping into the bathroom to finish getting ready, a hand stopped you from progressing any further. Kasey was in her tan and blue cheerleader outfit applying makeup to herself, trying to mimic something out of a Glamour magazine. Even though you two were exactly alike in looks, you prefer not to be the “popular girl” that your sister is. The school was apparently doing some kind of performance for the senior walk. You weren't to sycked about the colors though. When she finished, you continued your morning routine of brushing your hair, flipping it up into a ponytail, then applying very miniscule amounts of make-up.

Completely finished, you walked down the stairs and into the kitchen. John was in his school uniform, eating some eggs while mom was cooking some more. Dad was in the corner table, talking on the phone with a client. Kasey was busy on her phone, probably texting her “friends”. Grabbing a small plate of eggs, you wolfed them down, and headed off to school. It was about a 15 min walk.

On the way there, you spotted Ashley and Jane walking ahead of you. From this distance, it looked as if they were holding hands, but you couldn't be sure. You asked them once if they were a thing, but before you could even finish your sentence, Ashley hastily denied it. They spotted you, and decided to stop and wait for you.

“Hey Sarah! Ready for today?” Jane asked, casting a friendly smile.

“Not really. I think i might have summer school, but i'm not sure. And Kasey has cheer practice all summer long… You guys excited?” you replied.

“Uh, duh… it's the end of the year.” Ashley retorted.

The rest of the walk was filled with conversations ranging from school to video games. Reaching school, you three split to separate classes. First was Chemistry, which you were currently failing. Then after that it was home-ec then gym.

Sitting down next to your lab partner, you could immediately tell that something was up. Her face was a sickly green, and she had a runny nose.

“Perfect, the weird girl is sick.” you thought to yourself. You removed your jacket, laying it over the back of the chair. The class had nothing to do yet, so you just laid your head down to sleep. A sudden “achoo!” erupted from beside you, and you felt blobs of something wet and slimy cover your arm and the nape of your neck. You slowly lifted your head out your arms, and saw the small girl covering her nose and mouth, her eyes wide and staring directly at your arm and head.

“Oh no… I am so sorry!” she began, but you just held up a hand, and wiped the snot off your arm and neck with your jacket.

“You don't understand though... “ but you cut her off, stood up, and left the class for the restroom.
--------------------------------------------------
The rest of the day was uneventful. You decided to skip the senior walk entirely, and just headed home instead. Walking in the door, you dropped your bag off in the living room, and proceeded up the stairs to your bedroom. Within a few moments, you had quite literally fallen into bed, and crashed. The next morning, you woke up feeling wonderful, except your view was all distorted. One side of your head was completely flat. Feeling your face, it was completely malleable. Oh shit. But you couldn't worry about that now because...
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 SquishyKat (UN: kat2354 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SquishyKat has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2109209-Squishy-Stories/cid/2271724-Sarah-Mcbride