*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. A bad day all around.
  2. It begins
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2118808-The-Coven/cid/2307917-A-bad-day-all-around
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #2118808
A sequel to The Mad Scientist
This choice: Somewhere else.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

A bad day all around.

    by: Scifiwizard Retired
"He is in his room, probably sulking." Looking guilty, mom replied. "I introduced him to magic by turning him into his female equivalent for a few hours."

"Have you changed him back yet?" Curious, you asked.

Mom nodded, looking as if she were mad at herself.. "I did only I learned that Joe had been approached by students with strange offers to attend schools he never heard of; shoving brochures in his face, asking him to read them." She sighed, shaking her head. "He was already in a foul mood when he got home today..."

"The recruiters from both witches and mad scientists are starting on him early." Worried, you said. "I wonder why..."

"It has to do with your father rarely being around." Serious, mom explained. "You see, he is the new head mad scientist in this world. That and I am the daughter of the head witch."

This shocked and alarmed you. "Wait! What?!"

"It was the only way to ensure a peace treaty between the two powers." Gently, mom said. "He and I genuinely love each other; making it easier to form the pact of peace." She sighed. "The point is many witches would rather see Joe to become a girl and a witch to further slow down the growing population of mad scientists. Him being the next in line for the 'throne' complicates things greatly."

"So its political." Frowning, you said. "I feel a headache coming on."

"If Joe becomes a witch, it will be a blow to the mad scientists as they would have to choose a new king later down the road." Serious, mom said. "If he becomes a mad scientist, relations between the two powers will become complicated as I am the next in line to be the head witch."

You sighed, irritated. You knew there was at least one witch recruiter who had been watching Joe since before you left for Cauldron Academy. Her name was Lydia Rune; the student body principal of your school. She was tall and slender with shoulder length brown hair and blue eyes. She had a reputation of misleading people without breaking any rules of conduct. Then there was the mad science recruiter whom had approached you last year. His name was Josh Gary; average height with crew cut black hair and brown eyes. He was always professionally dressed, making him stand out like a soar thumb. You wondered if you should pay either one a visit.

Finally, you decided to...

You have the following choices:

1. talk to Joe first.

*Noteb*
2. talk to Lydia Rune.

3. talk to Josh Gary.

*Noteb*
4. Something else.

*Noteb*
5. Your choice.

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Scifiwizard Retired (UN: scilock at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scifiwizard Retired has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2118808-The-Coven/cid/2307917-A-bad-day-all-around