*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The beginning of something strange and mystical.
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2164232-Gentle-Giantess-The-Writer/cid/2522752-The-beginning-of-something-strange-and-mystical
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #2164232
You are given a typewriter as a present, but everything you type in becomes true.
Chapter #1

The beginning of something strange and mystical.

    by: D-man72
Original chapter by Kardo

You sit down in front of your new typewriter. You always fancied yourself a writer, so this is perfect for practicing.

You start typing, then realize you forgot to put paper in the machine. Surprisingly, paper is coming out of the machine anyway, with the few words you typed already on it. You tear the paper out, and crumple it up. Once the paper is crumpled up, it disappears.

You realize that something strange is going on, but you decide to type out something simple. "Today was cold."

Instantly, the temperature in the room drops 40 degrees.

You hear a knock at the door, and your sister, Melissa, walks in, wearing a sweater and sweatpants, and hands you some hot chocolate. "Weird how it's so cold during summer, huh?" she says, off-hand. She looks down at your typewriter and laughs. "Hey, you forgot the paper!" she says, looking down into the machine. That's strange, the peice of paper was sticking out with the words you just wrote on it. You point to it and say "What about that piece right there?" She laughs and says "Ah yes, invisible paper, of course."

This meant, of course, that she couldn't see the paper. You take the paper off and crumple it up, and immediately the heat returns, and the cocoa becomes a glass of lemonade, and your sister is wearing shorts and a shirt.

You now understand the basics of the typewriter, but want to try two more things. You type "Suddenly, my sister hugs me!" and you quickly feel her hugging you. "What's that for?" you ask. She responds, "No reason, just felt like doing it." The paper disappears by itself, presumably because the event happened and is over with now.

You next type "In a minute, I'll get a dollar from the sky." You suspect that this won't work, but you sit back, waiting. Suddenly, you feel something on your head, which your sister snatches off. "Whoa! How did this dollar stay on the ceiling?" Melissa asks, showing it to you. It's a dollar bill, which was apparently stuck to the ceiling. The paper disappears, its work done.

You realize the kind of things you could do with this, so you start typing...
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 D-man72 (UN: d-man72 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
D-man72 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2164232-Gentle-Giantess-The-Writer/cid/2522752-The-beginning-of-something-strange-and-mystical