*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Entering the House
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2171658-Haunted-House-Transformation--Expansion/cid/2561659-Entering-the-House
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Adult · #2171658
A haunted house has an expansive effect on uninvited guests...
Chapter #1

Entering the House

    by: expandor
"So...this is the place?"

"Yup."

"Looks creepy."

"Yup."

"Very creepy."

Pushing the heavy gates open, the small group of women stepped into a thick layer of fog. It was only Seven O'clock in the evening, but darkness had fallen quickly, and they could barely see two feet in front of them. Using the flashlight on her iPhone, the tallest of the group led the way towards the vast, looming mansion before them.

The building had been abandoned for years, but never demolished. Rumours swirled that it's former owners had been into all sorts of strange, dark arts, and the entire area had been avoided by the locals for the last few decades. It was an imposing sight, towering over the small forest that surrounded the remote area in which it was located.

The group moving gingerly through the fog would rather have been anywhere else; but they were all united by a common goal. The night before, their friend, Stacey, had been on one of her regular jogs through the woods, when she had decided to take some pictures with the mansion in the background. The last time they had heard from Stacey, she had joked about looking inside and taking some pictures for her Instagram, and then...nothing.

"I think I have the door," the leader of the group fumbled for a door knob, shining the light from her phone on the enormous, mahogany entrance to the building.

With an ominous creek, the front door swung inward, allowing the group to step over the threshold and into the house. They were more than a little alarmed to see that the entire main hall was illuminated by fully lit candles and lanterns, creating a warm glow everywhere they looked.

"Well...this isn't terrifying at all," said Emma, adjusting her glasses as she looked around the room nervously.

"It looks like the Bates Motel," said Carrie. She had come straight from work and was still dressed in a button up shirt and tight skirt.

"Let's just hurry up and get out of here," said Beth, rubbing her shoulders to stay warm. "I bet she's not even here."

"Well, we're here now," said the leader of the group, a tall, determined looking girl named Katie. "We know for a fact that Stacey was here. Let's see if we can call her from inside..." Katie reached into her pocket and took out her phone, only to find she had absolutely no signal. "Ah crap...anyone got any signal?"

One by one, the others checked their phones, and shook their heads.

"Well. That's a good start," Emma sighed.

"Okay...plan of action...we split up and search this place. Sound good?"

Characters

Katie:
Aged 24. Confident, practical and a natural leader. Katie is very determined to find her missing friend. She is very athletic and has a fit, toned body. Works as a personal trailer.

Emma:
Aged 23. Very intelligent, with a sardonic, witty sense of humour. A bit of a geek .Has a curvy figure and wears glasses. Works as a lab assistant.

Beth:
Aged 22: A little ditzy, doesn't enjoy being on this search very much at all, but cares a lot about her friends. Takes great pride in her slim, perfect body and good looks. Aspiring actress.

Carrie:
Aged 24: A hard worker and a enthusiastic member of the group, Carrie is a good peace maker and very open and friendly. Carrie is a little chubby after starting a new office job recently.

You have the following choices:

1. Follow Katie...

2. Follow Emma...

3. Follow Beth...

4. Follow Carrie...

5. Create a new Character...

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 expandor (UN: skeletorio at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
expandor has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2171658-Haunted-House-Transformation--Expansion/cid/2561659-Entering-the-House