*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2230239-Third-Times-The-Charm/cid/2891265-Spitballs-for-inspiration-Elvesupdated
Rated: GC · Interactive · Adult · #2230239
Your third go at adventuring in an animesque fantasy world after getting isekai'd.
This choice: Some worldbuilding for inspiration  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Spitballs for inspiration: Elves(updated)

    by: John GoodHorse
So I've decided to spitball some ideas for everyone on certain things. I'll leave a lot of things up to you guys, but I will leave a framework to work with on these things so this can be more than just your standard fantasy world with anime stuff thrown in. Let's start off with the types of elves that live in Illyrium. Because what fantasy world isn't complete with at least 10 types of elves?

Sea Elves: Sea Elves are elves who obviously live by the sea. Your typical Sea Elf community lives in a coastal area. Sea Elves are known for their adventurous drive, fun loving and carefree attitudes. Sea Elves who choose darker career paths tend to become the most famous pirates of Illyrium. They are also the most approachable bunch of elves as they are essentially surfer dudes and dudettes. Sea Elves have the shortest natural lifespans of all elves with most dying of old age at 125. This hasn't always been the case, and most assume the Sea Elves have been cursed in the last one thousand years.

Wood Elves: Wood Elves are a mysterious bunch that are hard to pin down. Aside from living in deep forests the most learned scholar can have difficulties on what constitutes as a "Wood Elf". Even their lifespans are a mystery as some of died of old age at 112 years while some have died around the age of 5000. The most commonly accepted theory is that there are two groups calling themselves "Wood Elves". One is the actual racial group "Wood Elves" known for their deep respect for nature and plant based magic, and the other are collections of elves and half elves who form bands after leaving their homes for reasons they only know. It is very possible for you to walk into a forest and to meet an actual Wood Elf girl who would ask if you want a tour of the deep woods. On the other hand, it is also very possible once you get done with that tour that your town who is close to the forest got sacked by a band of the other "wood elves" who were formed out of murderers and rapists from all elven societies.

Jungle Elves: Jungle Elves are a subset of Wood Elves that have abandoned temperate forests for humid and moist jungles in the tropical area of Illyrium. The reason for this spilt is unknown and seemingly complicated. If you were to ask an actual Wood Elf why the split they would spout the things such as the Jungle Elves' took up degenerate practices such as the worship of bloodthirsty gods who demand hearts to be ripped out. Then you would have a Jungle Elf coming out of nowhere saying their ancestors did nothing wrong other than breaking away from a society that grew dark, decadent, and tyrannical. As you can imagine, Wood Elves and Jungle Elves do not like each other at all to say the least, and have made it illegal for one of their own to breed with the other.

Jungle Elves typically live in great cities of stone deep in the jungle, and are known to be the 2nd most affable bunch of elves. So long as you respect their rules you'll be fine. Their women are known to be the most curvaceous of all elves according to some. They are also known for their fondness of jaguars. They live up to 1500 years.

Desert Elves: Desert Elves are a hardy group of elves who tend to live in deserts and sometimes badlands. They tend to be straightforward, having little patience for inane nonsense, and have blood as hot as the desert sun. Where as a High Elf would engage in some whiny navel gazing when faced with a great problem, a Dark Elf would spend most of their time trying to scheme how to dick said problem over, and an actual Wood Elf would spend half a day trying to contact the spirits of the forests on what to do about it, a Desert Elf would go straight in and solve it. As such they are the third most approachable group of elves. One notable group of Desert Elves is known as the "Badlands Sultanate" unofficially led by Sultan Halueve Chaedan
a High Elf oddly enough. Haulueve was once a companion of yours during your hero days in his youth, and was nearly killed by you during your evil overlord days. A group of Desert Elves he saved during his wandering around a changing world after you died a 2nd time made him their sultan.

Desert Elves only live up to 500 years. For example, just imagine their skin like this https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/news...

High Elves: I imagine the High Elves of this world to be mostly like your typical High Elves in other settings. Snooty, great at archery and magic, and are in decline. They're mostly in decline due to your actions during your evil life and their own fault. They once had a mighty unified empire but due to the mini-apocalypse your 2nd death brought about ended all of that. Their once great kingdom is now scattered with only the strongest fragments not being tossed to the wind. Some fragments broke further while those that didn't became their own entities with equally unique cultures. I'll let everyone else fill in those blanks. High Elves tend to live up to two thousand years but some extremely rare cases had High Elves clocking out at the ripe age of ten thousand.

Stone Elves: Sometimes referred to as "Wild Elves" or "Tundra Elves" these are the Cavemen elves I mentioned in the rules. They are an offshoot of High Elves. In your failed attempt to become a god that nearly destroyed the world a great multitude of unnatural energies bathed over parts of the world doing only Truck-Kun knows what to the living things there. One such area was where a colony of High Elves were located. These divine and otherworldly cosmic energies altered these knife-ears, reducing them down to how primitive cavemen would act. Two of the main Stone Elf tribes live in areas like these https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/minecr...

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/minecr...

While there is one tribe that lives in a place like this https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/minecr... just you know less Minecraftly.

They are as I mentioned in the rules, fighting with humans who also met the same fate as them over resources and if OOGA is better than BOOGA.

Dark Elves: Dark Elves are said to be the yang of the High Elves' yin. They are known to be sneaky grey skinned knife-eared schemers known for plotting in the dark, their love of fire and spiders. They stayed mostly unified after your mini-apocalypse inducing death due to them tending to live underground, but you will find some fragmentation here and there. While you will encounter some who are outright evil you will find some who are just chaotic tricksters. The latter group tend to make some of the best friends one can ask for in Illyrium. If you were to ask a female High Elf she would say that your Dark Elf girlfriend is just a lewd SLUT with a human fetish. Your D-Elf girlfriend would reply she's honest about it unlike the High Elf.

All of this assumes they don't use magic or magical items to buff their lifespans and they actually die of old age.


Stuff I felt like putting in now: Half elves are a thing in Illyrium, and they gain some powers based the type of elf their elven parent is. It also happens to be easier for a half elf to be born with an elf mother and a human father than say a human mother and elf father. Elf + goblin will always result in a goblin, elf + orc will result in a half orc, and elf +dwarf/gnoll/beastman doesn't work at all unless it's one of those beastmen that impregnate anything.
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 John GoodHorse (UN: superphantom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
John GoodHorse has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2230239-Third-Times-The-Charm/cid/2891265-Spitballs-for-inspiration-Elvesupdated