*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Kiss to Swap
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2283574-Kisswap/cid/3329020-Kiss-to-Swap
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #2283574
A young man gains the ability to swap bodies by locking lips
Chapter #1

Kiss to Swap

    by: PrivateValentine
"Earth to Sleeping Beauty, hello?" A voice rouses you from your sleep - when had you fallen asleep?! Your eyes snap open, and you find yourself staring hard at a pair of hands, resting on a pair of knees. Above them is a lock of hair in a unique bright pink, and following its trail, you see a familiar face - your girlfriend, Jessica Harris, worked into a sardonic smile. "Honestly, you ask me out and then you're sleeping when I get here? What kinda boyfriend are you?"

"You say that like we're not almost a year strong," you say, pushing yourself hurriedly to your feet. "And what about you? I was on time and that sun was very relaxing." In truth, you still find the warm embrace of the late afternoon sun to be an incentive to sit back down and go back to sleep, but now that your date has basically already begun, that would probably be more than a little rude.

"...Geez, it really has been almost a whole year, hasn't it?" says Jessica. "Yikes, we're too young to be getting nostalgic. C'mon, let's get going before we're suddenly old and married!"

Jess takes you by the wrist and tugs you towards the trees, where you eventually fall into stride beside her - though you work your hand backwards and intertwine it with hers properly.

"Sorry, again, about this," you say, looking around at the sunlight streaming through the leaves.

"For what?" asks Jess, nudging you in the side with her elbow. "Eric, this is really nice, you don't have to apologize."

"Yeah, but I could have taken you out to like a nice dinner or something, if I wasn't...er..."

"Broke?" Jess finishes for you. "I'm not even going to answer that. You should know by now."

"Ah, I know. But it still feels like I should be doing something nicer than this."

Almost on cue, you and Jessica come to a break in the trees. The sun has just come down to the top of the tree-line, and the lake before you shimmers in its evening light. Jessica pulls herself closer to you, her head coming to rest on your shoulder. "Nicer than this? Really, Eric?"

"Well, I can't take credit now. Gotta at least pretend to be subtle." You smile, and peck Jessica on the forehead.

The two of you sit down, your hand working your way on top of your girlfriend's, as the two of you stare out over the lake. You, for your part, slide closer to Jessica.

"...You were never good at subtlety," she says.

"Really? Because I'm great at not getting caught doing stupid crap."

"Oh? Do tell," says Jessica teasingly.

"Well, then it wouldn't be 'not getting caught,' would it?"

"Why, Eric. If I didn't know any better, I'd think you were talking about right now."

"And what exactly makes you think otherwise?"

"Well. You know better than to call me 'stupid crap' for one."

"Heh. That I do. Although you're more like the exception."

Jessica rolls her eyes. "I can't help but feel like you lost your hook somewhere along the way."

"And?"

"...Just get over here."
* * * * * * *


As the sun begins to dip below the horizon, both you and Jessica find yourselves significantly more disheveled and walking back towards your car in content silence, your arm around her shoulder and hers around your waist. You insist on dropping her off back at her place, and she holds your hand on the center console for the whole drive. But as she goes to open the car door, your grip on her hand tightens.

"Hold on," you say.

"Hm?" Jessica grunts in reply.

"...Goodbye kiss?"

Jess rolls her eyes, but can't wipe the smile from her face. She leans across the center of the car, and her lips lock on yours. The two of you hold yourselves together for a moment, when you're overcome by a sudden bout of lightheadedness. You think you feel something passing through your mouth, but you're too dizzy to tell for sure. The lightheadedness fades quickly, but when you pull out of the kiss, something is very much wrong. You feel...light. The windshield of your car is on your right, rather than your left, and something light and soft falls past your shoulders, to say nothing of the noticeable weight added to your chest. And of course, the fact that you appear to be looking back at your own face, staring at you in wide-eyed shock.

Your gaze drops to yourself, and you're greeted by, most obviously, a pair of breasts encased in a light-green top. Past them, a pair of dark capri pants, long legs, and black sneakers. You look back up, and your normal face is dumbstruck.

"...Jess?" you say, stunned and yet not surprised to hear your girlfriend's voice escape your mouth.

"...Uh-huh," says your body in an uncomfortably timid tone.

"...Get out of the car." You turn quickly, and open the door, stumbling a bit with the unfamiliar weight as you hurry over to the other side, helping Jessica to do the same.

"...Eric, what happened?!" says Jessica, her tone distressingly feminine in your voice. "We switched bodies!"

"I know, I know, but keep it down!" you say, though Jess hadn't really been yelling anyway. "But I have no idea why..."

"Er, well..."

"Hm?" you say, trying to encourage Jess to continue. You start to cross your arms, but the feel of Jess's breasts between them makes you blush, and you move them behind you, where her hair instead just barely graces her arms.

"Well, it...it did happen when we kissed..."

"...Are you serious?" you say. "I mean, it DID, but it's not like we haven't kissed before. I mean come on, earlier on, we--"

"Please do not say it out loud with my voice!" Jess whisper-shouts at you. You sag your shoulders and tilt your head, eyes narrowed, but Jess continues, "Look, I know it's weird but that's when it happened! Don't you think it's worth it to try again?"

You sigh, although it's not as though you and your girlfriend sharing a kiss is a big ask. "Alright, if you say so." You lean forward, having to actually reach up to get at your old body's face. And it's odd, kissing your normal body - your normal, very much male body - but the oddness gives way to relief as you once again find yourself lightheaded, and feel something pass over your tongue, and then suddenly your hands are wrapped around a much smaller waist. You open your eyes, and in the moonlight before you stands Jessica, restored to normal. She takes a step back and places a hand on her hip.

"Told you so."

"Told you so," you repeat in mock-annoyance. "Somehow swapping bodies with the exact same kiss that we've had dozens of times is even weirder than swapping bodies at all."

"Well, it happened," says Jessica. "We can talk more about it tomorrow. For now, though, I've gotta get inside and go to bed, that was way too weird. Good night, Eric."

But you're not sure you want to answer the same. A bunch of different possibilities flash through your mind all at once. But do you want to push this now? Does it have to be now? You wonder.
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 PrivateValentine (UN: pvalentine at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PrivateValentine has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2283574-Kisswap/cid/3329020-Kiss-to-Swap