*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Nicole returns on time
  2. Natural Mechanism
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2285188-Natural-Mechanism/cid/3342832-Nicole-returns-on-time
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Adult · #2285188
Tales of transformation via natural processes that are fictionalized to bigger impacts
This choice: Nicole returns on time (Genetic Transformations)  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Nicole returns on time

    by: Jenny Amara
Nicole knocked on the dorm door with excitement. Her evening had been wildly successful. “James, I’m back!” Nicole sang out with a joy that sounded like she had won the lottery. A brief moment later, James opens the door with Mark in hand.

“You sound pretty happy, I take it your work was fruitful,” James says.

“You don’t even know James, this is the best day of my life!” Nicole proclaimed to James and most of his dorm as several groans and angry remarks cried out in response.

“I’m glad to hear it, but I really have to get going to my lab now” James replied at a reasonable volume.

“Oh! Yes, of course. Here let me take him” Nicole returned back to a normal volume while grabbing Mark and his gear.

James, said goodbye grabbing his bag and proceeded on to his lab. Rather than returning home, Nicole decided to walk with James to his lab. Her excitement was too much to allow something like a lab to cut her joy short.

“So I did it James, I showed that I can inject mitochondrial memories into a living mouse!” Nicole said with pride and glee.

“You can do what now?” James asked back.

“I can give a mouse’s memory of where cheese is in a maze to another mouse by extracting elements of DNA from the first mouse and injecting into the second mouse with my specialized process. The best part is the memories are absorbed into the second mouse within minutes” Nicole tried to explain to James in more simplistic terms.

“Oh, that’s super interesting but what would you do with that?” James asked while continuing his pace towards his lab.

“Anything! Everything! It’s like Neo, you could know kung fu!” Nicole replied seriously but her humor creeping in.

“Ha Ha very funny. You think it would work for something that complicated?” James paused his progress towards his lab.

“Yeah, almost certainly. We could even help men know things they’d never get to experience like what it’s feels like to pop a baby out their vag” Nicole continued poking fun at James.

“Uh huh, sure Nicole.” James dismissed the attempt at humor or to make him feel uncomfortable. “I’m sure the university donors are going to be knocking down your door to give you money for that one” James teased back.

“You never know!” Nicole let the joke rest. She wasn’t satisfied that James appreciated her accomplishment that evening though. “Well what would you want to be able to do instantly? Maybe how to juggle or how to solve a Rubik’s cube?”

“I already know how to do those things silly,” James responded continuing his path to his lab.

“No really though, if you could learn anything right now what would it be?” Nicole earnestly asked.

James responded…

You have the following choices:

1. Crispr/genetics

*Noteb*
2. Physics/chemistry

*Noteb*
3. Something else

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Jenny Amara (UN: jennyamara at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jenny Amara has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2285188-Natural-Mechanism/cid/3342832-Nicole-returns-on-time