*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. 10 years later
  2. The New Dawn
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2287675-After-Humanity/cid/3381945-10-years-later
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #2287675
Mutant animals inherit the earth after humans have gone extinct.
This choice: 10 years later  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

10 years later

    by: Nick Knight
It's been a decade since the mutants awoke from their hundred year long hibernation and began working towards rebuilding. Following the guidance of ATHENA and Dr. Strause's guidelines, the mutants were making fair progress in rebuilding civilization.

The mutants have managed to build a sizable village surrounding the laboratory they previously woke up in. They resided in buildings that were made of a material fairly similar to adobe, but much stronger. They had also managed to incorporate some modern day technology into their lives, such as radios, electricity, running water, air conditioning, etc. They often bartered for goods and services. In regards to food, herbivores would still eat plants and vegetables, while carnivores often hunted down any non sentient animals that were left behind after the fall of mankind.

The laboratory acted as a kind of "town hall" for the village. There was a fully functional medical facility, for any of the mutants that required medical care. There was also an R&D facility, where the scientists in charge would develop new technology, often salvaged from what manmade technology Dr. Strause had left them. There was also a central room where the lead mutants, known as the Alphas, worked. They spent most of their time coming up with ideas to advance their society, while also turning to ATHENA for advice.

The village was preparing for a grand event known as the Rebirth Festival, which marked the day that the Alphas woke up from their century long slumber and started building their civilization. The entire village would celebrate for an entire week.

Now, who will we be following?

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. A young cub

*Noteb*
2. A teenager

3. An adult

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Nick Knight (UN: mickeyknight at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Johnny Foxx has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2287675-After-Humanity/cid/3381945-10-years-later