*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2300932-Just-a-normal-day-until
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Interactive · Occult · #2300932
Josh must navigate a crazy, new world when he or somebody else has the power to change it.

Josh must navigate a crazy, new world when he or somebody else has the power to change it.

This is an interactive story. Each chapter tells part of the story and often ends with multiple choices. Make a choice and move to the next chapter in your story. When you reach a chapter that hasn't been written yet, don't be shy... make an addition!
The creator of this Interactive Story provides this information and guidance:
Josh Mitchell is a normal 19 year old college sophomore. That is, until he or somebody around him finds something that changes his life and everything around him.

The power can be obtained many different ways (Occult/witchcraft, sci/fi, etc.)

Special thanks to Blarg Blargington for their idea.
Permission to Swap  

Permission to Swap Arc

The ones who are swapped are:

The only ones aware of the swap. (The reality is altered around them to make it seem normal.)
Not immune to the effects of any mental swaps. (If Josh were to swap interests with Bri, then he would find playing soccer much more enjoyable than before.)

Magical Remote Arc

Being one of the swapped individuals or the person holding the remote will see the changes.
Everyone else will think that they've always have been that way.
If a trait has been pasted over another trait, it will be considered lost and can't be recovered.
The person getting a trait copied from them to paste on another will not see the change, however, the person receiving the copied trait will see.

Magical Book Arc (Jenn)

Only Jenn is able to read the book, everyone else will only see gibberish.
The spells are in Latin.
She has a threshold that she can use the spellbook. She will need to regain the magical energy before she can use it again. Some spells use more energy than others.
Some spells can be unpredictable. Have fun with this one.
The spells don't always change reality.
Having a firm determination of what she wants to swap and with whomever she wants to use it on. Can be unpredictable.

Magical Clothing Arc

Wearing a piece of clothing will change Josh's body.
The change can't be undone for 48 hours. (Josh has Emily's hair, but can't change it to another person's or his own for 48 hours)
Wearing a minimum of 3 pieces from one person will cause him to change into that person.
If he already has Emily's hair and wears 3 pieces of Jenn's clothing, Josh will be a duplicate of Jenn, but will have Emily's hair still.
Reality doesn't change and everyone will be able to see his new form.
Josh can only use this power with female clothing.

List of characters

Josh Mitchell (19, Main Character) - 6' 1" tall with brown hair. Slight athletic build and makes mostly B's in his classes, mostly thanks to his good friend, recently turned girlfriend, Jenn. Still doesn't know what he wants to major in, but trying out several different classes to figure it out. Has few personal friends and is always willing to go the extra mile to help his friends and family. Still lives at home while he goes to school in a near bye town.

Kim Mitchell (40, Josh's Mom) - 5' 6" with C-cup chest and shoulder length strawberry blonde hair. Works as a Dentist at Dr. Wright's Dental office to make ends meet since her husband left her and the kids for his secretary. Although caring, she wants what's best for her children, even if it goes against what they want.

Courtney Mitchell (16, Josh's sister) 5' 2" with B-cup chest and shoulder length strawberry blonde hair. She is very energetic and loves to be the center of attention. She's fearless, self-centered, bratty, and spoiled. For a 10th grader, she's stylish, popular, a member of the school government, and a cheerleader.

Brianna (Bri) Mitchell (12, Josh's youngest sister) - 4' 10" with Long brown hair usually held in a pony tail. She enjoys playing on her all-girl soccer team and more recently the basketball team. Just starting to hit puberty which is starting to throw her into a loop and she doesn't like it..

Dennis Wright (42, Kim's current boyfriend) 5' 11" with short black hair that is starting to show signs of greying. Helped Kim with getting into Dental school, providing encouragement and some financial incentives. Been dating for several years and is thinking about asking her to marry him. Previous wife passed away from a car crash several years ago leaving him and his 8 year old twins, James and Lilly.

James Wright (8, Dennis' son) 4' tall with short choppy black hair. Enjoys baseball and soccer. Athletic, but tends to let his school work go astray. Close to his Dad and sister, but is starting to come around to Kim's family. Looks up to Josh as a big brother and can almost always be seen following him around.

Lilly Wright (8, Dennis' daughter) 4' 1" tall with wavy black hair that goes to the middle of her back. Enjoys reading and watching movies. Not really girly, but tends to dress practically. Didn't like Kim's family at first, but started to come around recently. When visiting, she tends to visit Bri but usually sits and reads when she's not home.

William Preston (19, Josh's Friend) 5' 11" with black hair that is normally unkempt and curls around his ears. Befriended Josh while in Freshman Year Writing class and they've hung out multiple times to study the coeds around campus.

Katie Taylor (13, Bri's friend) - 4 6"' with straight, black hair that goes down to her shoulders and Almond-shaped eyes. Her Dad is a Sergeant in the US Army and married her Mom in Japan. She wishes to be like her friend Bri and be a tomboy, but her Mom want her to be a proper lady.

Lynn Marshall (45, Jenna and Kira's Mom) - 5' 4" with C-cup chest and Straight black hair that was recently cut into a bob. Just made partner at the law firm where she works. Currently being over worked for the case load that she is dealing with and is in need of a Paralegal, since the couple that were working with her are now doing the work for a major case. Her husband, Bill, passed away several years prior and is starting to get back out into the dating scene.

Jennifer (Jen) Marshall (19, Josh's friend) - 5' 2" with B-cup chest, light purple glasses and straight black hair that descends to around her shoulders. Having been friends with Josh since the 5th grade, she recently started to date. A rather studious individual, she can almost always be found in she school library. Is called Jenny by her mom and sister, Kira.

Kira Marshall (15, Courtney's friend and Jen's sister) - 5' 5" with a B cup and has her brown hair always in a pony tail. Being the younger sister of Jen, Kira was almost always a frequent guest over at the Mitchell's house. She is always found playing on her Gameboy or the PlayStation that she was able to get by saving up her allowance. One of Josh's reliable gaming friends and can be seen grouped up. Has been taking programming classes in High School and is on her school's Debate team.

Emily Hirschur (18, Jen's Friend) - 5' 5" with C cup and Blonde hair that goes past her shoulders. Currently going to school for Nursing. Got to know Jenn from Freshman Orientation and quickly hit it off. Only child of a Doctor whose mom died several years prior to Breast Cancer. Loves to relax and hang out, but knows when to get a job done.

Megan McCulley (15, Courtney's friend) - 5' 4" with an B cup chest and curly red hair that goes down to her shoulders. Being the first born child from Irish immigrants, Megan seems to love the American way of life. From being a cheerleader to singing in the school choir, Megan seems to love it all.

Christina Goching (15, Courtney's friend) - 5' with barely an A cup and has frizzy brown hair that cascades down her back. Usually being quite reserved, Christina is a quiet person that would rather read a book or watch a movie than go out with friends. Not developing as fast as her friends, she feels ashamed and feels as if she is being left behind.

Josie McDaniels (16, Courtney's friend) - 5' 8" with a small B cup and has her blonde hair in a pixie cut. She is a bit of a tomboy and enjoys playing sports. Being on the volleyball, basketball, and softball teams, Josie is seemingly always tries to make everything into a competition. Lives with her Grandparents.

Leah Thomas (29, Kim's friend from Book club) - 5' 3" with a B cup and her curly black hair goes down to her shoulders. Being the trophy wife of her Major League Baseball husband, Leah has all the time in the world to take care of herself and the house. Although she does get a little lonely at times, Leah always tries to find something to do with her friends.

Ashley Reynolds (30, Kim's sister and Josh's aunt) - 5' 8" with a C cup and light brown hair that goes down to her mid back. Being a single mom of 2 girls (8 and 10 years of age), Ashley recently graduated from the University with a degree in Accounting and currently trying to get her own business off the ground, but works in the University's accounting department.

Mary McCulley (34, Kim's friend from the Book club and Megan's Mom) - 5' 1" with a B cup and her curly red hair that goes past her shoulders. Having Megan at a young age, Mary had never had time to do anything. After coming here from Ireland with her husband, Jason, Mary had found it hard to fit in since she stays at home and only recently started to come to the Book Club meetings to get out of the house.

(More to come with the addition of chapters.)

Some rules:

No excessively explicit descriptions of sex or violence. (Try to keep it PG-13 at the most.)
Please no swapping with fictional characters.
Try to add at least 1,000 characters, if not able to, at least have great grammar.
No ending the story abruptly.
By adding to this story, you allow the author to fix any bad grammar, sentence structure mistakes, and/or typos. If there are too many errors and unable to fix the chapter, it may be deleted.
All 'How about' chapters will be deleted, these types of chapters tend to distract from the story.


Points will be given if the rules are followed.

IMPORTANT NOTICE and DISCLAIMER: The content in this story has been rated E. However, since this story is created by members, Writing.Com can not control the content within it. As with any item on Writing.Com, the content rating MAY or MAY NOT be accurate and the site makes no guarantees as to the accuracy. Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates will not be held responsible for the content within this interactive story. Posters accept all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content they've uploaded / submitted / posted on Writing.Com.
Please assume this story MAY contain graphic language, sexually explicit text, violence and/or any other displeasing topic you can or can't think up! To be certain you don't encounter textual content that may be offensive, you should leave this area and not continue on within this item.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2300932-Just-a-normal-day-until