*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. A new beginning
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2300932-Just-a-normal-day-until/cid/UZWXCTKFL-A-new-beginning
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Interactive · Occult · #2300932
Josh must navigate a crazy, new world when he or somebody else has the power to change it.
Chapter #1

A new beginning

    by: Morphology
"30 minutes left of the exam." Dr. Reynolds replied looking up from the manuscript. "Remember, once you've completed the mid term, you don't have to stay here in my boring class. You're free to leave, explore the campus, or go home." He smiled his goofy grin that made Josh like him as one of his favorite professors. It certainly was one of the better classes that he'd taken over the couple of semesters that he'd been enrolled at Southwestern Pennsylvania University. Even though he seemed to be in his late 40s, Dr. Reynolds tended to act nonchalant about his courses, but strove to help everyone that came to him for assistance. Looking down at his exam, the multiple choices were mostly filled in and he only had a few questions left to answer before it was completed. Glancing over at William, a friend that became acquainted with through some of the General Education courses that they had to complete in their freshman year.

Looking back at his exam, he quickly filled in the final questions that he'd skipped over. "And done." He sighed as he started to put his gear back into his bag and started to make his way towards the front of the class in order to turn in his exam. This seemed to be one of the easier exams he'd completed and he held up two fingers as he walked out of the door, something that he and William would do to say good bye to each other.

Making his way towards the northern parking lot where he parked his 2006 Nissan Altima, Josh was busy looking at his phone and looking through the several messages that Jenn had sent him as he was in his last class before the week long break.

Jenn: 'Hey lets meet up at the Caffeinated Moose for a quick cup before we go home. Mia and I are already here, but she's about to leave.'

Smiling, Josh replied back to her. 'Sounds good, I will make my way over there now.' The Caffeinated Moose was a local coffee shop that was named after the university's mascot Morton, an Anthropomorphic Purple Moose. It was one of the many places that both Jenn and Josh would visit together to discuss their classes and recently learned about their attraction to each other. Taking the next few steps, they recently started dating and becoming part of each other's lives. Everyone in both of their families were starting to wonder when they would start and were happy that they were together. As he was looking at this phone, he heard a loud shout from someone causing him to look up of our concern. As he glanced up, he saw somebody carrying an armful of boxes and they soon collided causing Josh to fall onto the ground and his phone to fall into the snow that had collected grass just to the side of the sidewalk.

The other person looked rather annoyed that she'd collided with somebody as she made her way back to her building. She looked rather vexed at her current situation and Josh could see the half dozen packages that lay around her. Feeling bad about what happened, Josh offered his hand to help her back up. "Thanks." She said replied as she started to get her packages back. Looking at her, Josh could see that her hair seemed really frizzy and didn't want to be controlled. Her clothes looked like she was just your normal college student but they were made for somebody several sizes bigger.and she didn't come past Josh's shoulders making her about 5' 5" tall. Not wanting to leave her alone to pick up all of her packages, Josh started to pick one up, but was stopped as the young woman quickly picked it up and ran away towards the campus.

Feeling rather annoyed that she wouldn't look where she was going and collide with him only to run off right after without saying anything else. As he looked down to pick up his phone, he could see a lone box sitting under one of the bushes that the young woman had missed. Josh took a minute to look around to see if her could see the young woman, but seemed to have disappeared into one of the many buildings that littered the campus. First, he picked up his phone to see if there was any damage but smiled as he could see that no damage and he put it back in his pocket. Next, was the box that was under the bush. Getting close to the bush he got down on his knees to get a better grip on it and soon found it in his hands. Looking down at the box, it didn't seem to be too incredible, but since most of the campus was now closed for Fall Break and soon to be Thanksgiving, he brought it with him to meet up with Jenn.

Not too long after getting in his car to go to the rendezvous point, Josh could see Jenn huddled in her sweater trying to keep warm and her shoulder length hair neatly styled to cover her ears. Seeing his trusty vehicle pull into the parking lot, Jenn's smile grew as she saw Josh starting to get out with a mysterious box with him. "What is that?" She asked out loud. "Don't tell me that you're already taking the plunge and asking me to marry you?" Jenn chuckled as she watched her boyfriend start to blush

You have the following choices:

1. An odd looking remote

2. An old book with blank pages

3. An old looking tome

4. A worn statue

*Noteb*
5. Even more choices

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Morphology (UN: sakura0004 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Morphology has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2300932-Just-a-normal-day-until/cid/UZWXCTKFL-A-new-beginning