*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The Note
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2303908-Body-Switching-Rebooted/cid/PBXSYRRSC-The-Note
Rated: GC · Interactive · Adult · #2303908
A young boy and his family discover a secret body switching machine in their new home.
Chapter #1

The Note

    by: Kamen Rider Survivor
You groaned as you carried yet another cardboard box down the stairs into the basement of your new house. You still couldn't believe your mom had decided on a whim that she was going to be moving you and your sister to a new town right before you started your senior year of high school all because your aunt had given her a weirdly huge amount of money. Honestly you still had no idea where she had even gotten it herself to begin with. It wasn't like she had won the lottery or anything, you'd have certainly found yourself far more popular than you were if people knew that you were now related to someone rich. But here you were trying to make the best of what felt like a crappy situation.

Putting the box down you leaned against the wall for a moment before sliding down to sit on the floor. You had decided that since the new house your mom had outright bought for the three of you had a finished basement that could easily serve as an additional bedroom you would save yourself from the problems of being the only man living with a pair of women and claim it as your personal room yourself. Of course your mother had no problems with this, not even seeming to bat an eye at the idea either.

Your mother had been spending the day primarily meeting with random new neighbors that had been coming around to meet you all. With your sister Sarah being more focused on her own stuff and her things this left you to mostly unload the moving truck yourself, furthering your grumbling at your mother's choice relocate your entire family because of her new wealth yet being too cheap to hire actual movers to do the job for the lot of you.

With your brief breather finished you place your hand against the stone wall of the basement in order to help you get yourself back to your feet. As you were about halfway back to your full height you felt your hand slip against the stone and seemingly presses an otherwise ordinary section into the wall itself. The next thing you see the wall split in two and open wide like a pair of sliding doors. A piece of paper was knocked loose by the sudden air movement of the secret doors opening up, floating until it was stopped by smacking you square in the face and hiding what was about to be brought to your attention inside the hidden room.

Peeling the note away from your face you begin to give it a read.


To the new inhabitants of this home,

My name is, or maybe I should say was, Professor Farns and I am the former owner of this house. If you have found this note it means you have discovered my secret and deeply personal project which I had dedicated my life to completing. I have built the world's first, and to my knowledge only, fully functioning device capable of switching the bodies of two separate individuals. The functionality of the device is quite simple. It it comprised to two chambers, Chamber A and Chamber B. An individual is to seat themselves in each of the chambers and, once activated from the outside control panel located in between Chamber A and Chamber B, the device will swap the bodies of the individuals inside. The individual in Chamber A will inhabit the body of the individual in Chamber B and likewise the individual in Chamber B will inhabit the body of the individual in Chamber A.

You took a moment to pause your reading to look up from the note, finding that there indeed was a large device before you with enclosed spaces big enough to allow even the largest man you could realistically think of to sit comfortably within. You wanted to laugh at the idea that this thing was a body swapping machine. That was nothing but pure science fiction! But yet you returned to reading the note in your hand, now smiling from amusement at its words.

The note continued.

I can imagine it clearly. By this point in my explanation you've most likely taken a pause from this note to laugh at the absurdity of the very concept of my statement yet I assure you its most certainly the truth. I have left this device hidden here in this house now that I have used it for its intended purpose, my new body no longer able to safely disassemble my opus magnum and prevent the worst possible scenario of the wrong people, or worse the US government, obtaining this world changing technology. Unfortunately as I no longer desire to remain in this house I can only hope to trust that you'll be the kind of person to keep this machine a closely guarded secret. I'm off to live my new life after all and even now the name Professor Farns means nothing to me now.

I can only now wish you the best of luck
The individual formerly known as Professor Farns.

The note was absolutely absurd but you couldn't help but wonder how this supposed professor had knowns just where and how you would react to this information with such accuracy. But then again you supposed that if they were smart enough to build a body switching machine then they much have had enough deductive reasoning to pin that trivial matter down so well.

You found yourself reading and re-reading the former professor's note several times over, forgetting about the rest of your belongings that needed to be brought down to your new room or the unpacking you still had to do in order to be ale to sleep in it that night. Instead you were focused on the prospect that this machine might actually do exactly what you were told it could and swap the bodies of the people using it. Even reading over the note you noticed things like the fact that the writing was in a more elegant and feminine style than you'd have first thought.

Your curiosity was starting to get the better of you and now you only wanted one thing, to see if this machine really could swap people's bodies. Your only question now was who could you try it on. You really only had two options at the moment.

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. Your mom Katie (Reserved)

*Noteb*
2. Your sister Sarah

3. Your mom Katie (Alternate)

*Noteb*
4. Your sister Sarah (Alternate)

*Noteb*
5. Other

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Kamen Rider Survivor (UN: dark-karas at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kamen Rider Survivor has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2303908-Body-Switching-Rebooted/cid/PBXSYRRSC-The-Note