*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. A Spark of Hope
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2307348-So-You-Want-to-Be-a-Hero-2/cid/ZLCSVGSTC-A-Spark-of-Hope
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #2307348
The improved sequel to the hit RPG interactive.
Chapter #1

A Spark of Hope

    by: Johnny Foxx
It's been several centuries since the fall of the heroes. None live who remember that terrible day, but the story goes that it all began when a mysterious plague broke out, the source of which was never discovered. The blight ravaged the kingdom, as well as the lands across the sea, killing millions within mere months. Several heroes set out to find the cause of this terrible disease, and perhaps a cure. None of them ever returned.

It was speculated they had either succumbed to the illness themselves, or fell victim to some other fate. One by one, the greatest members of the guild fell, leaving the guild itself but a shell of what it once was.

That's when the Necrolord emerged. Nobody knows who he really was before his sudden appearance. All that was known was he was an all powerful lich and necromancer, with the power to raise the dead as thralls under his service. With the countless victims of the plague, he had a practically infinite army, marching on the capital and burning it, along with the Hero's Guild to the ground.

Where the capital once stood, he erected an immense Black Palace, from which he has ruled this world ever since. There were those who resisted at first, but they were quickly crushed and resurrected as undead servants of the Necrolord. Rumors circulate of a single far off place untouched by the lich's pestilence, but these are just that, rumors.

This is the world you were born into, and it's all you have known your entire life. But today, you discover who you really are, and decide the fate of not just yourself, but the whole world.

Firstly, What is your race?

You have the following choices:

1. Human

2. Elf

3. Orc

4. Dwarf

5. More

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Johnny Foxx (UN: jfoxx at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Johnny Foxx has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2307348-So-You-Want-to-Be-a-Hero-2/cid/ZLCSVGSTC-A-Spark-of-Hope