*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. We’re in Trouble Now
  2. UniGlobal launches YourEssence
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2307357-YourEssence/cid/H4WFJN689-Were-in-Trouble-Now
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Adult · #2307357
Pharmaceutical advancements in the future create complex problems for our protagonists
This choice: Option 1 - two teens in trouble  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

We’re in Trouble Now

    by: Jenny Amara
Twin brothers Henry and Sam got caught in the chemistry lab trying to pull a prank on their teacher. The two were bright, too bright for their own good sometimes. They thought relabeling a bottle of a chemical would create a funny reaction when it literally would blow up in their teacher’s face during their next lesson. Unfortunately for them, the cabinet door holding these chemicals jammed easily. So when the boys went to open the cabinet they ended up tugging too hard and brought the whole cabinet down. Of course, a fire quickly erupted and the school’s supply of chemicals was up in flames.

Being smart enough to know they needed to put the fire out, they quickly managed to use the nearby extinguisher to douse the flames. Unfortunately, this big a disturbance wouldn’t go unnoticed and they were swiftly escorted to the principal’s office. Mr. Franklin was a firm but generous principal in that he always made sure to listen to his students. When he was done listening to Henry and Sam’s explanation of what had happened he ended up on the firm side of his personality and swiftly punished the students to two weeks of detention plus a required visit with their parents to sort out the cost and replacement of the school’s property.

Henry and Sam were dejected by the berating they received from Mr. Franklin, but the bigger problem was that they now carried a note they were ordered to deliver to their parents. The boys had read this note and knew they would be grounded for months by their parents when they saw it. Not to mention they would end up having to pay back the school on their own. The thing that really got them worked up though was the potential disappointment that their mother would express in them. There was something about her look when she was disappointed that just cut through the twins like a hot knife through butter. Their father on the other hand would just be angry at them. They felt like they could handle that since it was actually fairly common for their dad to be angry about something or other.

When the boys got home that afternoon they were greeted by their mother and younger sister Madeline.

“You two are home late. Is everything ok?” Their mother asked.

“Yeah, just got held up at school,” Henry replied.

“Yeah, had some work to finish up,” Sam followed up.

“Well, you two should go get ready for dinner. It will be ready in fifteen minutes”

“Don’t be late! I helped Mom and it’s going to be too good to miss!” Madeline contributed her thoughts on your mother’s instructions. She was prone to piling on or making sure that she contributed in most social interactions. The twins didn’t understand this compulsion of their sister’s and chocked it up to what it meant to be a girl.

The two boys now settled in their room, readdressed the letter from their principal.

“Shit, Sam, there’s something else here. This letter says that the principal wants to meet with our parents tomorrow.”

“Dang, that doesn’t give us anytime to work out a plan.”

“Yeah, we’re screwed.”

Henry and Sam stood there thinking in silence. There was no way they could deliver the letter and not get severely punished. If they didn’t hand over the letter then they might get suspended or expelled even. The two racked their brains trying to come up with a solution.

A ding came up on Henry’s phone and he took a quick look before becoming more engrossed.

“What is it?” Sam asked.

“I don’t know. No, it’s nothing”

“What man? Just tell me”

“They caught someone impersonating a celebrity again,” Henry said holding his phone up to Sam so he could see it.

“Yeah, that’s happened a bunch in the last few years.”

“Yeah, but… Well, it could get us out of this mess”

“What could?”

“YourEssence”

“That’s only for adults, you want to be a teenaged boy for the rest of your life?”

“No idiot, we could take our parent’s pills”

“That’s illegal though. We can’t do that”

“Yeah, but only if we get caught. We’d only need to do this like one time. Most people get caught because they keep using it,” Henry tried to persuade his brother.

“Won’t our parents be able to tell they are missing a pill though?”

“They have so many, I doubt they’d even notice.”

“I still think this is a bad idea. We should stop thinking about it. I’m sure there is some other way we can make a plan to get out of this. We’ve done it before”

The twins went down for dinner and got a shock. Their father was being terminated from his job at the end of the month.

“Cut backs they’re saying,” their father announced.

“It will be alright George, don’t worry too much. I’m sure you’ll get another job very soon,” their mother tried to comfort George and the rest of the family.

“Yeah, at least I get paid through the end of the month. We might have to cut back on our spending though Megan”

“That’s perfectly fine, we will make do.”

“You two will need to get a job to help out around the house too now,” their father admonished.

Later that evening the boys still awake with their fate hanging in the balance.

“What are we going to do? You heard Dad. He’s already pissed about his work. If we drop this on them too it will come down extra hard on us,” Sam said worriedly.

“Yeah, I think you’re right. I’ve got no good ideas though. I think we’re out of luck,” Henry uncharacteristically was admitting defeat.

“No! We can’t let this happen. We should do it.”

“Do what?”

“Take our parent’s YourEssence”

“Are you sure? You didn’t like that idea before dinner”

“No, I really don’t want to do it, but I see no other choice.”

“You’re a good sport Sam. Thanks for taking this on for us.”

“What? No, I’m not saying I’ll do it. You should be the one to do it.”

“We’re never going to decide this way. We will flip for it.”

“Heads for Henry, tails for Sam. Agreed?”

“Yeah,” Henry said as he flipped the coin catching it in his hand. “You ready?”

“Ready as I can be,” Sam answered.

You have the following choices:

1. Heads, Henry will take the pill

*Noteb*
2. Tails, Sam will take the pill

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Jenny Amara (UN: jennyamara at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jenny Amara has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2307357-YourEssence/cid/H4WFJN689-Were-in-Trouble-Now