*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. UniGlobal launches YourEssence
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2307357-YourEssence/cid/JHFHPY4NF-UniGlobal-launches-YourEssence
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Adult · #2307357
Pharmaceutical advancements in the future create complex problems for our protagonists
Chapter #1

UniGlobal launches YourEssence

    by: Jenny Amara
UniGlobal unveiled YourEssense in 2065 to rave reviews. The deleterious effects of aging would be a thing of the past. No more sagging, wrinkles, soreness, or age related diseases. The product was fast, simple and could be made widely available. The only downside was, once you started to use it, you had to continue to use it to maintain the effects. Wall Street loved this aspect of the product and UniGlobal shot straight to the top of the biotech industry becoming one of the largest market cap companies. The belief was every human would be taking YourEssence supplements for the rest of their lives and UniGlobal now had exclusive distribution of such a ground breaking product.

Of course, a product like this one’s existence comes with the creation of a seedier side. A black market for acquiring YourEssence was soon established. At first this was just to make a quick buck, but soon a disturbing trend emerged.

YourEssence isn’t a standard pharmaceutical in that you actually have to process it at home. By providing a small DNA sample you effectively mix your own batch of YourEssence. You keep the original dose in perpetuity because subsequent doses are just copies of the first. This is how the product rejuvenates the body. It’s effectively a time capsule of your genetic structure. Eventually, someone “accidentally” took another person’s dose. Or at least there is no proof it wasn’t an accident. This is where things get interesting.

Within the span of a single day, that person transformed to an identical clone of the other person. This started the black market for trading Essences. Within months there were rumors that it didn’t matter how similar you were to the stolen Essence, you were going to end up a copy of that person. Height, weight, skin color, even sex. All of these were changed with the administration of another person’s dose of YourEssence. The only draw back is you would also revert to your former self once the dose had worn off. Rumors swirled that the government would use this technology to create the ultimate spies. Celebrities would go on “hiatus” but their careers would continue with someone acting in their place. If you could imagine it, someone else had already done it.

The race was on to find some way to detect these artificial clones, but to date, no method had emerged other than confining someone and not allowing them access to their next dose of YourEssence. As a result, it became a crime to take a dose of another person’s YourEssence, but this didn’t stop the black market. Nor would it stop more casual misuse at home.

YourEssence journey starts now….

Option 1: Two brothers are in deep trouble at school. They accidentally destroyed thousands of dollars worth of chemistry equipment and they got sent home with a note for their parents to come meet the principal. Will one boy be brave enough to break the law further to try and smooth things over.

Option 2: A recently married couple are experiencing marital difficulties. Things just aren’t the same as they once were. An inadvertent mixup leads to a body swap between them. Hijinks ensue as both are required to perform the other’s job for a day.

Option 3: A down on his luck man is introduced to an unsavory man who claims he can make things better. Follow our protagonist as he is sent on a chilling series of progressively worse scenarios.

Option 4: Two women are fed up with their situation. They get no respect from their colleagues and are constantly required to do twice as much work to get the most minimal of recognition. They decide to take matters into their own hands as one discovers they have a connection to the YourEssence black market.




Side effects of the process are not well documented. Symptoms of misuse may vary wildly as the patient may not be well suited to treatment. Please stop use if you encounter signs of mind alteration, poor return to original form, or abnormal transformation.
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Jenny Amara (UN: jennyamara at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jenny Amara has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2307357-YourEssence/cid/JHFHPY4NF-UniGlobal-launches-YourEssence