*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Grooming
  2. The Beginning
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/870483-Royal-Duties/cid/275200-Grooming
by me_duh
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #870483
A princess is to be well behaved, not out on some treasure hunt with the stable boy.
This choice: blah blah blah  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Grooming

    by: me_duh
"I shall beat you in the next race Daniel."

"You say that every time I win." Daniel and Isabelle enter the stables leading their horses by their reins. Isabelle handed her reins to Daniel, who lead them into their respective stalls and unsaddled them, while Isabelle stepped into an empty stall.

"You know Daniel, I am the princess. Shouldn't you let me win?"

"We have known each other all our lives, the normal codes of conduct do not apply to us. Besides, you my dear are anything but the typical princess and I dare not insult you by treating you as such."

"You are just a sore loser Daniel, and you know it." Isabelle emerged from the stall in an elaborately embroidered, purple dress. Daniel began brushing one of the horses they had previously been riding. Isabelle gave both horses several carrots and had just picked up a brush to groom the other horse with when Daniel immediately stopped her.

"Isabelle, you put that brush down right now. I shouldn't have even let you feed the horses while wearing that dress."

"Why Daniel, was it not but a moment ago that you said you would not dare insult me by treating me as the typical princess?" She put her hands on her hips in playful indignation. Daniel was ready for the challenge, but he mamanged to remain somewhat serious.

"That was before, but now you have dressed the part. Am I misataken or do you not have a formal dinner to attend within the hour with Sirs Anthony and Wallace and their families? Her majesty, your mother, would be more than a little peeved at me for allowing you to sully that dress of yours. Now, do not argue with me, it is high time you went back to the castle to prepare and groom youself a little." Letting her arms fall limp to her sides, Isabelle forced a frown.

"You always get so proper when there is even the smallest risk of my parents getting angry with you."

"They are the king and queen. Now get a move on princess."

"Alright, I will go. I have some time, but I had hoped to stop by the kitchen for a snack before dinner. All that caviar, and mutton, and what not are not as appetizing as you would think." With and short wave Isabelle left the stables and made her way to the castle kitchen while Daniel returned to grooming their horses.

You have the following choices:

1. In the ktichen

2. At dinner

3. On Isabelle's way to the castle

4. While Daniel is grooming the horses

*Noteb*
5. After dinner

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 me_duh (UN: me_duh_inc at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
me_duh has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/870483-Royal-Duties/cid/275200-Grooming