*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Oops...too small
  2. Hailey's First
  3. It Begins
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/871627-Shrinking-Scientists/cid/213799-Oopstoo-small
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #871627
Scientists develop a shrinking device; what awaits the person who goes under the beam?
This choice: 2 inches  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Oops...too small

    by: Unknown
The light dimmed and Hailey stood up to take a look at her surroundings. She was excited that everything was so big and that she was so small.

"Wow!" Hailey exclaimed in a high-pitched voice. "I can't believe I'm really 6 inches tall!"

"Umm, Hailey?" Bob said with concern. "The machine screwed up, you're really 2 inches tall." Hailey had a look of shock on her face.

"WHAT!?" Hailey screamed. "I wanted to be small, but not THIS small!" She started to panic but then calmed down. "OK Bob, what can we do?"

"Well, we can try to reverse the process and see if you'll grow back," Bob said.

"I dunno," Hailey began. "What if something goes wrong and I'm stuck at this size?"

"I'll do everything to make sure that doesn't happen," Bob kindly said. "But if sonmething does happen, I'll take care of you."

"Awww, you're so sweet," Hailey said with a smile. Just as she said that a big flash of lightning lit the room up and right then knocked the power out followed by a very loud clap of thunder. "Bob," Hailey began. "Tell me that shrinking machine has batteries."

"Hailey, I would, but then I'd be lying to you," Bob said. "But don't worry, the backup should kick in any minute!" They waited for 5 minutes but the backup generator never came on. "OK, maybe it's not coming on."

"NO!" Hailey said with tears in her eyes. "I want to get big again!"

"Don't worry Hailey," Bob reassured her. "We do have some choices though..."

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. Take Hailey and go to the store to buy a generator

2. Go home for the night and take Hailey with you

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024. All rights reserved.
Shrinking Maniac has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/871627-Shrinking-Scientists/cid/213799-Oopstoo-small