*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. One Inch Tall Teen
  2. Testing the Formula
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/933025-Shrinking-Matt/cid/235085-One-Inch-Tall-Teen
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Sci-fi · #933025
Matt invents a shrinking formula. Unfortunately, the antidote doesn't work. Uh-oh!
This choice: Matt shrinks to one inch tall  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

One Inch Tall Teen

    by: Caprino
Matt’s gradual return to full consciousness extended over a period of about half an hour. He found his body so exhausted that he could barely open his eyes, let alone move under his own power.

He managed to focus on something. It looked the size of a billboard and he remembered the letters 32.

More time passed. He felt a chill. His eyes snapped open. “Where are my clothes?” Matt mumbled.

He grunted and pushed himself onto unsteady feet. A large wall of white surrounded him. He walked closer to the expanse and touched the wall. It felt like thick cloth. That’s when he noticed that strange billboard.

In the back of Matt’s mind, he knew he had seen something like it before. It looked like the label in his boxer briefs.

“Oh crap!” Matt exclaimed. The wall of white...everything made sense. “My formula! It worked!”

He had shrunk. And he had shrunk out of his clothes until he now stood, very small, in his own boxer briefs.

He ran toward the wall. He began to grab with his fists at the fabric, determined to hoist himself out of the enormous boxers.

He had failed to take into account that his formula would have no effect on his clothing.

After Matt escaped the boxer briefs, he saw more articles of clothing. He found one of his sneakers turned on its side. The shoe as big as an apartment building. A strong stench wafted from the interior of the sneaker.

“Everything looks so big!” Matt wondered how small he had become.

He got closer to his size 9 sneaker. The shoe dwarfed the tiny teen.

“I must be only an inch tall!” Matt exclaimed. He hadn’t meant to get that small.

But, he had proven that his formula worked.

“Now, I just need the antidote and...” Matt’s words trailed off and his mouth gaped open as he stared up at the distant tabletop. He saw the jar with the pale blue liquid, the antidote to his shrinking formula.

“Oh crap!” Matt felt like kicking himself. “How am I going to get to it now?”
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Caprino (UN: caprino at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Caprino has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/933025-Shrinking-Matt/cid/235085-One-Inch-Tall-Teen