*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1041951-Front-Row-Center
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Poetry · Music · #1041951
Block Poem about the excitement of being a fan at a concert
Elbows and shoulders crush and batter me, pushing me into the bar, shoes stomp my sore feet. The lights go down, the relentless roar goes up to a deafening intensity. Time stands still until the moment the lights return, shrieks ring out through my ears and I cannot even hear the screams launching from my own throat. He emerges onto stage imitating my own excitement, feeding off of it, fueling mine even more. Only meters away, I am the one he sees, not the thousands behind me. They are just an undulating blur lining the luminous night sky. I am the girl with the anxious face, representing his own at one time when he was in the same place as me; the adrenaline has us higher than any other drug could ever reach and our exhaustion is slashed out of existence. A spear shoots throughout my body, making every hair stand on end as my gaze is detected and met by his own. He parades his way back to me, I heave my hand up and am met with his gracious fingers.
© Copyright 2005 merrymikel (merrymikel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1041951-Front-Row-Center