*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1051283-Gray-Streak
Rated: E · Other · Animal · #1051283
He got that name as that is what he looked like when he ran. We called this cat Treeki.
Treeki (real name Gray Streak) died many years ago. Just remembering some of the things I learned from that cat are very bitter sweet memories. I still laugh about them even though I miss him so much.

My first memory of him was when he was less than six weeks old. He jumped into a bucket of liquid plant food. He jumped right back out. I could not get to him fast enough and towel him off. I felt so sorry for him. Who knew they could jump that high already? I was learning about kittens.

Their mother disappeared shortly after they were weaned. Treeki decided he would be in charge. I thought he was being so mean. Later, I realized he was just tending to the others. He licked them clean and kept them in line. I do mean he made them toe the line.

Later in life, it would be he who cowered from one of the others . He kept himself "hidden" in a bookcase in the back bedroom. I guess they were getting even by bullying him.

He loved to spend sunny days on the back of the property. Fluffy would often join him there. (I will tell you more about her in another article.) If I wanted either of them they were always there.

In his growing up days, he decided that snakes were put there as his personal toys. It is what eventually killed him. If he found one he would wrestle with it. I tried to stop him but to no avail. I knew the day we were losing him. There was nothing the vets could do by then so I brought him home and stayed with him. Towards the end, he crawled under a chair and suddenly I could no longer hear him breathe.
© Copyright 2005 Mary Ann Chidlow (merian at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1051283-Gray-Streak