*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1056004-Poetry-In-Motion
Rated: E · Other · Cultural · #1056004
Fun with Words. This is 4 years old...
I take offense from the fence that is built to keep them safe from a little difference is what it’s really all about but there’s no doubt you take the easy way out.
It’s hard thinking on your own when no one throws a bone that tells you who you are is not really what they tell you.
They can take you and make you and break you all in one instant.
For instance they mince all existence of prior resistance to their persistence and in the blink of an eye you become a robot and it’s just what they sought for you to become a tool of society like Carson Daly.
Millions of you with sight and can’t see what’s happening.
Lapping lean milk like a cat when you wanted whole with the fat step up you’re at bat but you swing and you miss and something inside you is pissed and you don’t understand but don’t get overwrought it’s just what you were taught to believe.
The tale that they weave we perceive as what is right and what is wrong you’ve always known it all along but it’s clouded now it’s shrouded now it’s bowed itself down to silence you have no right to speak your voice is meek your opinions weak.
Who cares what you think?
We are on the brink of cloning without science and there is no defiance, no violence, and complete compliance from the clients.
And it’s hard thinking on your own when no one throws a bone.
Dig it up for yourself take your shovel off the shelf, show them what you’ve got, find that x-marks-the-spot, and as that spade hits the first blade of grass, take the golden dirt and show it to the mass, prove to them that you’re worth the time, you’ve got your own rhyme.
Digging deeper in the earth, you regain your worth and watch your rebirth into something unknown.
You’re a little bit wary but it’s not that scary and you know you’re gonna be alright if you just stand up for this fight, you’re the friend you are the foe don’t let yourself go that way you’ll really know your limitations are your mental creations.
And you’ll know you’ve won, unraveled the web they’ve spun like a spider when suddenly you’re the outsider.
And yet, it’s fun, it’s good, it’s new, and best of all it’s you. You turn and see the rest getting ready to take the test.
Not everyone will make the grade but hey, you’ve got it made.
You open your mouth, your jaw drops south and as you utter each word every sound is heard, counsel spills from your brain, not the least bit insane.
You’ve said twelve words to lessen the pain.
People smile, they don’t know what you mean, they haven’t seen, but it’s okay, you understand their condition having been in that position and it’s your mission to make them see…
It’s not hard thinking on your own when no one throws a bone.
© Copyright 2006 ShoottheMoon (shootthemoon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1056004-Poetry-In-Motion