*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1105059-The-Ouija-Board
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #1105059
Entry for Daily Flash Fiction Challenge. 300 word limit.
Laura loved her new house. No more renting from crappy landlords. This was all hers.

Unfortunately, the previous owners had left the place a bit of a mess. Today, she was up in the attic going through boxes of old junk.

Well, you never know. Maybe I'll find something valuable.

That's when she found the ouija board. It was at the bottom of a box full of clothes and old books.

"Cool!" Laura pulled the board out and studied it. It was in excellent condition and the planchette was still with it.

Laura laid the ouija board on the floor and set the planchette in the center. Placing her fingers lightly on top of it, she said, playfully, "Hello, spirits. Can you hear me?"

The planchette jerked under her fingers, causing her to jump slightly. She tried to pull her hand away, but found that she couldn't move it.

"What's going on?" she gasped.

The planchette began to move. Slowly, it spelled out a message:

Y - O - U - R - I - N - M - Y - H - O - U - S - E

G - E - T - O - U - T

"We can share the house, can't we?" Laura asked, politely. She was scared, but tried not to show it.

N - O - I - W - I - L - L - K - I - L - L - U

With that the planchette flew out from under her fingers and hit the wall on the other side of the room.

Laura screamed and ran for the stairs. The last thing she heard was an evil laugh. The last thing she felt were hands pushing her.

When Laura didn't call for several days, her mother came by to check on her.

The coroner ruled it an accidental death.
© Copyright 2006 Grandma Penguin needs help (mspenguin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1105059-The-Ouija-Board