*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1117961-The-Initiation
Rated: GC · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #1117961
She thought it was just a silly night in a house. She soon finds out she was mistaken.
The Initiation

“Why did I let myself get talked into this?” Lisa chided herself.

“Are you ready?” Debra asked as she walked in front of Lisa.

Lisa looked from Debra to the two other girls standing behind her. This was it. All she had to do was stay the night in this creepy old house. Then I will be one of them. I just have to get through the initiation.

“I’m ready.” Lisa whispered and walked up the door.

“That’s my girl!” Debra hollered. “One night only. If you survive this night, you’ll be in the circle.” Debra reiterated as she locked the door behind Lisa.

Amy, one of the other girls asked, “Do you think she’ll last?”

“I don’t know.” Debra shook her head. “She’s strong. Stronger than the other ones.”

Lisa clicked on the flashlight she was able to bring. The room looked like the typical old foyar. She headed for the stairs and went up. Each creaking step made her slightly regret her decision to do this.

Lisa turns the doorknob of the first door and walks in to what used to be a little girls room. She decides to stay in this fairly safe room. She decides to sleep in the corner next to the bed and across from the closet.

A noise coming from the closet woke Lisa up. She stands up to go see what it is…

From outside the three girls hear an ear piercing shreak, then silence.

“Damn!” Debra sighs. “I thought she could survive it.”

“Now what?” Amy asked as they got into a car.

“We keep trying to find our fourth witch. One who can survive the ghost.”
© Copyright 2006 starr4all (starr4all at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1117961-The-Initiation