*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1119165-My-Family
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest · #1119165
Quick little exercise for "Free to Write".
My Family

Never think that being a parent is easy. If someone tells you it is, then they are lying. Between the dirty diapers, dirty dishes, constant mess and no time for yourself or your marriage. Something has to give. Usually it’s your own free time. I wake up in the morning, start breakfast, and change Nicky’s dirty diaper. Then I have a short time to start cleaning before both boys start fighting and arguing. By the time I get them involved in something to take their minds off of each other, it’s time for me to start lunch for the kids and my husband. Then I have to clean up that and start on the house again. While cleaning I have to break up fights, kiss boo boos, and play general mediator. I start dinner then. After dinner, which is always fun trying to get the boys to eat, we spend “family time” outside playing in the yard or on the trampoline. Bedtime is also a lot of trouble. We try to get them to bed on time but it is almost always a fight. By the time we get the kids to bed, hubby and I are so tired that we fall into bed exhausted. Our boys aren’t old enough to take to the movies yet so we just hand out as a family instead of “alone” time with just my husband and I.


Despite all this, never think that I wouldn’t do it again. It’s chaos. But, it’s my family. And I wouldn’t have it any other way.
© Copyright 2006 starr4all (starr4all at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1119165-My-Family