*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1119362-The-Elevator-Ride
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Emotional · #1119362
Man in elevator with ex's "perfect" boyfriend. Daily Flash Fic. 297 words.
“I can’t believe this!” I said to myself as I try to straighten my tie. “Who would have thought that I would be here? It’s only been 6 months since the divorce and she’s already calling me, begging to come back to me.” I smirked. “After 10 years of marriage, she met some perfect man, her tennis instructor, and she wanted to leave me. Get a divorce. Although, now it appears, everything is not blissful in their house. She started calling me over a month ago and we’ve been secretly meeting for lunchtime quickies. She thinks that I will forgive her and take her back. Boy, does she have another thing coming!

I look at my watch. Damn this elevator is slow! I watch as the numbers light up. 17 ding…16 ding. On the 15th floor another person gets on. He’s a tall, sandy blonde, overly tanned young man. And he looks at me with that “I know you from somewhere but can’t think of where” look. I know exactly who he is. He’s that tennis instructor who helped ruin my marriage!

Sucker! He has no idea that I was just with Candace. That I’ve been seeing her almost everyday at this time. I can’t help but have a smirk on my face.

“I know you! You’re Candace’s ex husband!” He looks quizzical at me. “What are you doing here?”

I continued to look at the blinking numbers until the lobby light finally lights up.


I get out of the elevator and turn and look at Candace’s “perfect man”. “I just got done having sex with her! Like I do everyday at this time for the last month.” I smile and continue, “Have a nice day!” I continue smiling as the door closes on his confused then angry face.
© Copyright 2006 starr4all (starr4all at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1119362-The-Elevator-Ride