*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1126610-London
Rated: E · Poetry · Cultural · #1126610
A Poem about our Capital City
LONDON


It’s got lots appeal and draws in the crowds for it’s historical feel.

It has the London Eye, go on give it a try and when your down you can go and tour the town.


London has seen many characters come and go some have been friends others foe!

London even had a great fire , made Pudding Lane into a massive Pyre, but with all this history you will never tire. This great City has even been challenged by the plague and some events are still vague.

The monumental clock is called Big Ben oh no it can’t already be striking 10 ! I think to my self there’s never enough time to listen to that famous Chime.

You can take a trip to Baker street come on get to your feet as this place has seen many a crime and become quite a legend in it’s time. Sherlock is looking for clues if he doesn’t solve this crime he will get the blues.

Many a person has died in the Tower beheaded , hung drawn and Quartered because of the power of Queen Elizabeth the first’s finest hour .

I love my country so fine so true and come with me I am sure you will enjoy it to.

Lee Warwick
© Copyright 2006 Lee Warwick (flowergirl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1126610-London