*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1133388-True-Love-Edited-July-18th
Rated: E · Other · Romance/Love · #1133388
beach, teen love, love,
True Love
By: Jennie Josefiak

I found my true love in Misquamicut, Rhode Island. He was everything I wanted in a guy. He was my first romantic relationship. If that isn’t luck I sure as heck don’t know what is.

It was in July. We were both on vacation in Rhode Island. It did not matter to me that he is a year younger than I am, I only cared that he was taller than me. Both our families were spending the week at the beach. Being able to spend that time with him made it the best week of my life. Ironically, just the week before, I had gone to Six Flags with a friend and had told her that I was having more fun in that day at the park, with her, than I would have all week at the beach. If I had only known.

Throughout that week we became close and comfortable with one another. We had so much fun in the ocean, where we stayed ninety percent of the time. We would often drift away from our blankets, which were on the sand, he would pull me by my feet, across the crashing waves while I in my purple inner tube. I have a pair of purple glasses. They are what clues most people into the fact that my favorite color is purple. It was not practical or necessary for me to wear them as we played at the beach. It was that inner tube that gave him his first hint of my attraction to purple. It amused him so much to catch me off guard and dump me out of my inner tube.

I know that the hardest thing I had to do that summer was to leave at the end of the week. In previous years, my family left on Saturday morning earlier than most families. It never mattered to me before but, this year I had something special to want to stay for. It had never bothered me in the past to get up in the morning, take my shower and pack my things. This year, this week, I wanted to I remember when we left that day. I was at the shower rinsing off my flip-flops, since they were full of sand, and as I was doing so, I was standing on my tip-toes looking back at the ocean and at him one last time. Unfortunately he wasn't looking in my direction at the time. Before I left though, I was able to get his cell phone number and screen name, so we could talk after he got home, since he was staying till Saturday night.
© Copyright 2006 Jennie Josefiak (xojennieleexo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1133388-True-Love-Edited-July-18th