*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1145893-Perfect-Secrets
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Friendship · #1145893
With prefect lives come prefect secrets.
“Good morning Mrs. Killarny!”

“Good Morning Hilary dahling.”

“Thank you so much for taking Jenny to play school for me today.”

“Oh, it’s no trouble Hil. I know how busy you are this week, getting ready for Isaac’s mom.”

“Either way it’s a huge help to me, you know it doesn’t seem like much, but by the time you take them in get them settled and get back home half the morning’s gone.”

“I know. Is Isaac feeling better? He said his job had him tensed up lately and that he was really feeling the stress.”

“Well, things have settled a little, they were able to convince their client that the timelines were just too tight and got an extra week to complete there first phase.”

“Oh, that’s good, he’s really got to try and slow down, he’s going to put himself in an early grave if he doesn’t.”

“I keep telling him that, but you know Isaac, always has to be in the lead.”

“I’m sure you’ll get through to him one day. Bye Hil”

“Bye Ri, bye Jennykins!”

Hilary walked back into the house stooping to pick up the newspaper on her way in.
         “I’ve brawt the paypah sire,” she said in a coy English accent as she handed the paper to her husband Isaac.

“Why thank you Ms. Hilary.”

“Nawt at awl sirh, ‘tis my pleasha,” she giggled, they often enjoyed playing little games, although this one was going a tad more PG than they usually ended up.

“What time is your meeting?”

Isaac looked at his watch,
         “Aw crap! I totally forgot about that, I was enjoying being here with you guys so much. It’s in half an hour so I have to run.”

“OK, what time will you be back?”

“Five, maybe 4:30… no let’s be serious it’ll be five”

“OK, we’ll be here,” she said as she watched him flail his way out the front door and into his convertible.

It wasn’t often that he was able to stay so late in the morning, because of the commute and ridiculous traffic he usually had to be out of the house long before the rest of them were even thinking about waking up. That said, most of the time he was home before five and never worked weekends. He had a solid career, but never for a second would you think his family took second string. They weren’t millionaires, but they really did have it all, a perfect house in a perfect place, with perfect neighbors, a perfect relationship and who could forget little baby Jenny who was herself quite perfect.

Hilary quickly tidied up the breakfast dishes and went up stairs to finish a couple of loads of laundry. She folded clothes and inspected the spare room to ensure that it was in proper shape for her mother-in-laws impending visit. She wanted to make sure things were all set, not because she felt some obligation to prove anything to her husbands mother as so many women do, but simply because she wanted her to feel comfortable while she was staying with them. She so enjoyed his mother’s company.

As she folded the last load of clothes from the drier she could hear the neighbor’s minivan pull up into their driveway. She calmly walked downstairs, sensing the knock on the door was only seconds away.
Knock, knock, knock, knock. She opened the door, knowing full well who it was.

“Well, hello Mrs. Kilarny, won’t you come in”

“Well I don’t mind if I do Mrs. Fredricks.”

As she took her friend by the hand and lead her through the door the two locked eyes like tigress’s ready to pounce.

“Oh Mrs. Kilarny. I am eva so glad to see you.”

They gently wrapped their arms around each other, kissing quietly and softly as the door shut behind them, sealing in their years long secret… keeping it nice and safe and warm.
© Copyright 2006 Zap Hazardous (zap_hazardous at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1145893-Perfect-Secrets