*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1167173-You-are-my-addiction
Rated: E · Short Story · Opinion · #1167173
My feelings of a silly addiction of mine.


         I suppose the first time I knew I was truly alive was when I saw you; how at that moment, I felt my own heart, beating wildly within my small chest.

         I took you within my hand, and tasted you upon my lips, how cold you were; so soft to my touch. I breathed you in, deeply as air, but you were so much better than anything I had breathed before. You seem to fill my very soul, your smell lingering forever.

         I knew you were meant for me, and from that moment on we would be one. Fate must have laughed at me then, how silly I was to be, so in awe by you. You seemed to be life itself. I felt your crisp coldness and it felt like the warmest of moments to me. My fingers savored the feeling and longed for it not to go away.

         I tasted you upon my lips, dark and strong and oh so cold, awakening my tastes and exciting my very core. I knew I would never go back to the way I was, knew I would never be the same. I looked into you and never looked back. I had growth in an exciting way, and for the better.

         You were not an addiction, nope, you are a part of me, like the air I breathe.

         Like the sun the warms my flesh, never will a day go by again when you will not be near, thank you my sweet dark pool of flavor, I will always taste you.


Dedicated to Coke-cola my drink of drinks, only rivaled by coffee.


*Delight*

word count:284.
© Copyright 2006 StaiNed-House Targaryen (staine at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1167173-You-are-my-addiction