*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1168541-Preview-of-1st-novel-in-9-book-series-
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1168541
This is just one paragragh of my new story I'm working on. 1st draft
Jordan observed the bright, yet clear moon and stars and saw a group of stars that reminded him of a past event, which caused him to delve into a vast universal thinking. Jordan glimpsed rustling in the leaves of a bush–that was not wind induced–and held his breath, only to realize that it was simply a round, furry, little rodent scurrying across the plush, green grass. Jordan was unaware that there were unseen eyes watching him through the darkness, waiting silently and patiently for an unspoken order to follow him into his home. Jordan proceeded to walk out of the night and back into the hallway leading towards his study. Instead of immediately getting back to his paperwork, Jordan turned towards the stereo and chose his favorite piece of classical music. Jordan waltzed around the room with closed eyes, dancing with grace and precision with an invisible partner for a few minutes–stopping, when he heard a noise. Jordan swiftly whirled around looking for the source of the noise, meanwhile turning down the volume to a low hum–then sighed with relief as he assumed the animals were the cause of the noise. Jordan then proceeded to slump into his chair with a sigh of foreboding, as the weight of the workload he still had left to do rested gravely on his mind...
© Copyright 2006 Zureili (alien4life at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1168541-Preview-of-1st-novel-in-9-book-series-