*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1188291-Prologue-Atra-Luna
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Other · #1188291
Lorelei's tragic life gets worse when she meets a boy who knows why she's badluck
          “I’ve found it, the Gemma of Sanctimonia.” the tall figure spoke, his white hair dimly glowing in the dark room. “But they have as well.” Hesitantly, he looked up to see what reaction would come from the behind the shadows.

        “It cannot be helped. Do not let them destroy it as we will need the gem in the coming future. When the time of the Atra Luna Eclipse comes closer, get the gem to follow you of free-will. If it is forced across the barrier the gem will become tainted, no longer of use. I’m sure you know what will happen if you fail?” asked the voice, full of ancient sadness…and anger. The man with the white hair nodded. “Good. However, if succeed you will be rewarded and your power doubled. You will be assisted with some of my guards but they will also serve to tell me if you do anything other than my orders. Now Kayden, you are one of my top subordinates. Do not upset me! Is this understood?”

          “Yes master, all of it…except,”

          “What?”

          “How will I get it to follow of free-will? I doubt it would like the fate awaiting it.” The room started to shake with wicked laughter
.
          “Oh, I’ll leave it to you. But out of pity I’ll give a hint. Don’t say the truth. You’ve always been good at that. Why, if I didn’t know better I’d say you were the devil.” A smirk spread across the man’s face.

          “Much appreciated master but you know my skills will be lessened in the presence of the Gem of Purity.” The figure in the shadows groaned, annoyed of the petty conversation.

        “Here, take these charms. Put one around your neck and it will cancel out the effects of the gem. Give the rest to the guards.” A long, sickly pale arm reached out, holding the charms. The man gratefully took them and closed his fists around them. They small silver pendants with scriptures scrawled all over.

          “Thank you master, you will not regret it.” And with that he turned around and strode out the small black door. Slowly, out of the shadows,  two men and a woman followed.
         
© Copyright 2006 inksketcher (inksketcher at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1188291-Prologue-Atra-Luna