*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1197881-What-does-love-Create-Part-1
Rated: 13+ · Essay · Spiritual · #1197881
Love may not be what you think, especially looking throught God's eyes.
What does Love Create Part 1?
         What does Love create?  Pristine perfection of a tree-lined lake is in the palate of the creator, but what about the meadows of dead trees killed by the pine beetle.  Foresters had to come in and harvest the dead wood to get away from an explosive fire situation.

         Death is a part of life.  We all know that at some level—but perhaps this much death seems surprising.  But who is to say for sure.  Even among death wholesale death is not that uncommon.  Think of Biafra, the Sudan and Sarajevo.  Some of these victim groups would be known as Godly and spiritual people.  Maybe as men we hold onto death to strongly, like it is a precious thing that we can create.  Maybe we just have to reach a point where we have to stop and think and feel that there is something else that we need to do.

         Which brings us back to our original question, what does Love create?  The creator couldn’t make the grandeur of these great outdoors without death.  For one thing it would be soon overpopulated.  Pain, hurt and death are often the thing that foreshadows new life.  Think of childbirth.  Anyone who has been married for longer than a few years knows that if we hold on to selfishness, their will be death in the relationship.  Can you really create love without some death—at least death to self.  You grow through the pain into something new and different.  Love does not create disunity (at least not over a long period of time).  There is love in everything as long as you wait for it and look for it.

         Love creates life.  It binds up brokenness.  It shouts belonging.  It wraps around us like the morning mists covering the lake and waiting for the possibilities of a new day.

© Copyright 2007 Michaelmountain:spring hope (frontierman at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1197881-What-does-love-Create-Part-1