*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1211842-Out-of-the-Box
by Kim
Rated: E · Short Story · Entertainment · #1211842
Some years back I had packed Copperfaerie away in a box
    Some years back I had packed Copperfaerie away in a box and put it away with all my pens, outlines, drafts and ideas.  Life was busy with raising a family and working.  Because of this I had all but forgotten about my little muse.  That is until I started to look through a few of my earlier writings and came across the little box.
Knowing immediately what was in it I just set it aside for the time being.

    Little did I know that the simple act of merely touching the box would awaken the long slumbering contents.  At first there was a barely audible buzzing.  Then suddenly the little box began to shake.  The next thing I knew it fell over, the lid popped off and out flew the beautiful Copperfaerie. 

    My tiny muse flitted around the room, carefully stretching her cramped limbs and wings.  After a few minutes she hovered in mid air and looked around, taking in her surroundings.  Watching her, I began to reflect on all the wonderful things that we had created together.

    Without warning, Copperfaerie began to fly very quickly around the room.  She was over at the book shelf one second and in the knick knack cabinet the next.  No bigger than a lunar moth, her movement caught the attention of Pudge the cat, and the chase was on.

    Giggling with glee, the little faerie stayed just out of reach of the sharp claws.  I tried to grab the big gray cat, but he was too fast.  Before I knew it, things began to be knocked down.  A picture fell off the wall, knick knacks crashed to the floor shattering into a million pieces, and books flew from the shelves. Continuing to taunt the now agitated cat, Copperfaerie flew from one area of the room to another, causing more and more damage.  After just a few minutes of this, a very annoyed  Pudge grew tired of the game and sat with tail swishing.  Ready to pounce, he watched his tiny tormentor. Upon seeing this, Copperfaerie also stopped flying.  She once again hovered in mid air warily watching the object of her teasing.

    Thinking the chaos was over, I started to breathe a sigh of relieve. But just then Pudge made one last effort to snag the little flying creature.  Luckily, as he sprang into the air I was able to grab him; receiving a very nasty scratch for my efforts.  With a mewo of indignation, Pudge was quickly put out the door.

    Turning around to survey the damage I noticed that Copperfaerie was over by the stack of previously unpack manuscripts.  Before I could even move she picked up the stack; which in itself was no small feat: and tossed them up into the air.  As paper floated down to the floor she flew over and settled on top of my head.

    Grabbing a handful of hair in each of her hand she gave a vicious tuck.  Then proceeded to whisper all kinds of wonderful, glorious things to me.  Quickly, I went over to my laptop and tried to pound out what she was saying.  But she was talking to fast.  So I sat back and just listened for a time.  She told me things on more than one subject and before long everything was jumbled up together in my thoughts. 

    Finally getting tired Copperfaerie climbed off my head and sat on the top of the computer.  Swinging her dainty feet, she grew quite and just watched as I sat and pondered.  So many stories and ideas all mixed up in my head.  It was going to be awhile before I had to worry about writer's block coming and visiting me.  But then again it was going to take me awhile to sort everything out and make some kind of sense of it all.  All the time being stuck in the box had given my sweet muse more ideas then I ever thought possible.

  Now begins the task of getting it all down for you, my readers to enjoy.

     

       

             




   

   
© Copyright 2007 Kim (kabbykim at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1211842-Out-of-the-Box