*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1230243-Seasons-Change
Rated: E · Poetry · Emotional · #1230243
As seasons change, people change and life continues it's journey.
            The Change of Seasons

You saw them as I did, the signs.  Patience is gone, love is dimming, 
The passion that first ignited this union only flickers in the cover of night.
No use looking back.  Our  slideshow is over.  My love, I ask you one question. 
How does one know that love once shared won’t  rescue this crew?

Sinking into a lonely abyss, I lost my way to your comforting arms.  I can’t imagine my nights not by your side.  When I was cast to the other room, as you slept, I wondered if you could feel the cold?  I leaned against the door just to hear you breath.  I laid my empty body on the cold wooden floor praying for God to help me.

That day I stood in the blistering cold looking into your blank eyes not believing the truth you now believed.  Your look of acceptance stopped my need to debate this one.  The hardest part of this reality cast upon me is the undeniable truth it holds.  Once the web of lies is made no one can escape it’s trap.  How may times can lovers try?  Is the misery worth the priceless moments one holds close? 

My journey, with all of its twist and turns, has brought many things to light.  Love is a chance.  Butterflies and warmth leave as seasons change.  Love and friendships fade as time rolls by.  Life in every sense is made from the same circle.  Then I have a final question to ask my love,  have our seasons changed?
© Copyright 2007 beanner (sgdancer96 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1230243-Seasons-Change