*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1249950-The-importance-of-faith
Rated: E · Essay · Biographical · #1249950
I answer the question "what is my most valuable posesion?"
                Despite the fact that many people have a variety of possessions; certain objects are of more value to them than others.  Even though some people may not consider religion to be a possession, to me God is the most important person in my life.  He is someone who is always there when you need Him.  With His help, I am able to take control of my life and overcome many obstacles that would otherwise be impossible. 

         First, God will lead me in the right direction and advise me on what I am to do with my life.  For He is the creator and without Him there is no life.  Although many people believe in Darwin’s theory of evolution, I am a strong believer in creation.  According to the bible, God created man out of dust and if it were not for Him, we would not be on earth today.  “Remember you were once dust and to dust you shall return.”  I believe that God put us all on this earth to fulfill a task He has planned for us.  However, if one does not believe in God or refuses to let Him into his or her life, he or she will become deterred and lose direction.  For example, even though there are other factors that may cause one to act in a manner that is detrimental to him or her such as taking drugs, committing suicide etc., there is one most important factor, God, and God causes people who choose to listen to him to act in a manner which is helpful or beneficial to them.  Many people do strange things because it is human nature to try and control our own lives, but as humans, we are imperfect and can and do make mistakes.  Due to this human weakness, we need God’s help.

         In addition, God is someone who walks in when the world walks out.  One can have family and friends, and some of these can be very close indeed.  However, no matter how much support these may try to lend, they will come short in solving our problems for us or taking away our suffering or pains.  In the end, we, ourselves, must find and rely on God.  Perhaps the purpose of all pain is to find a personal relationship with God.  It is, admittedly, in times like these, when pain increases beyond what we can endure alone, that we need God the most.  For instance, when there is a divorce, each spouse tends to forget about the good times and sees what he or she can get out of a relationship.  Often couples do act in this manner not because they really need or covert what they try to get out of the relationship after separation but because their pain is so great, they loose their loving feeling and try to cause as much pain in their once loved partner.  If there is a death, the family argues over who inherits the fortunes.  Here again, those who survive the death of a loved one will measure the love of the deceased toward them by the share of the inheritance that he or she left them, and no one likes to think that he or she has been loved less than someone else.  Inheritors are usually siblings and siblings are known to be extremely competitive and jealous of each other.  However, God never forgets the good moments and is always willing to listen. 

         Finally, with God one is able of overcome all obstacles.  For example, when someone is diagnosed with a terminal illness, they turn to God for direction and help.  Despite the advancements in technology, researchers cannot find a cure for certain diseases.  Sometimes cures are found but too late to be of any help in a given individual case.  However, God is always there to comfort the sick and may even perform a miracle.  The most memorable example was in the time of the Romans, many people had leprosy and nobody knew what to do, but Jesus cured millions.

         In conclusion, God is very important in our lives and without Him we cannot live.  Physically we may be weak, but with God’s help we can move mountains.
© Copyright 2007 The Fiddler (angel82 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1249950-The-importance-of-faith