*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1259720-Human-or-Fairy
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Fantasy · #1259720
Just a short story I wrote about a girl who found her past in the forest.
          I took a deep breath to calm my nerves as I stared into the trees; they seemed to go on forever. I stepped cautiously forward; I was now half way in. I remembered the story the elders would tell us as children. My breath got shallower, and I pulled my foot out of the darkness of the forest once more. This had been going on for hours; I should really get this over with before the sun came back up.
For the millionth time, I stepped into the forest, and blocked my mind from all negative thoughts. I cautiously lifted my other foot and brought my whole body into the shadows. I refused to think of anything at all. I walked blindly into the darkness, getting deeper and deeper by the second. I could not get lost, I’m just going in a straight line, and I will be back at home as soon as I explore this mysterious forest for myself.
          Why was I exploring this forest anyways? It’s not like I can see anything anyways, it’s too dark to even make out my hand in front of my face. I refused to give up now. Something compelled me to keep going, and I am not turning back, I would regret that choice for the rest of my life, I knew it.
          It began to get colder, I felt the cold chill run up my spine causing me to hug myself closer and pull up the hood of my cape. I walked a little faster. I needed to get there fast. I couldn’t stall any longer. Where was there anyways?
          I walked for what seemed like hours, getting colder every second. My dark brown hair was warm against my cold neck, and traveled down to the small of my back. My cheeks were red with the cold, and I could barely keep my eyes open any longer, the cold was burning my eyes with every step I took.
          I heard giggling, and turned to see smoke flowing gently just above the trees. I followed the smoke; eager to get there, eager to know what it was that lived this far out into the woods. I hoped it was not the large monsters we were warned about so many times throughout my life. I was scared and curious at the same time. My curiosity got the better of me and I soon found myself hiding behind some trees trying to make out what was going on in the darkness.
          The smoke was caused by a great bonfire in the centre of what seemed to look like a small camp. The light illuminated across the darkness exposing creatures that I have not seen before. They were not horrid like I came to believe, they were beautiful. So beautiful I couldn’t stop looking at them. They looked human except the females had large, full wings flowing out their back. There were three females, all giggling, and two males sitting casually on several rocks talking in serious, and hushed tones.
          They all looked beautiful, and all wore bright green clothing. I noticed on the far side of the camp there was another male. He looked bored, and seemed to be thinking of something important. His clothes were a darker green, and I could barely make out his figure. There seemed to be a faint light around each of them, especially the one standing alone. This was not an ordinary light; I could also feel it for some reason. I could feel power coming from these people that I had never felt before.
          I looked up to see the moons rays sending straight bluish lines through the leaves of the trees. I could see the dark shadows of the trees resting gently on the dark green grass. The grass was wet with dew, making it shine gently. This was beautiful, I loved watching nature, I loved the green grass and trees, and they matched my eyes perfectly.
          I looked back toward that figure and noticed he was gone. He just disappeared. I stepped back so I could see better around the tree and walked into something warm and solid that had not been there before.
          Before I could gasp a hand came up and blocked my mouth firmly. I could feel the soft skin of that hand against my lips. Although I didn’t want to leave, I forced myself to run, but soon found another hand around my waist, holding me against the warmness of the figure standing behind me.
          “There is no use trying to escape.” A male voice said softly, so close to me that I could feel his lips against my ear.
          I did the only thing I could think of. I bit his hand until he yelped with pain and withdrew it, and then I stomped on his foot sending his other hand to release me to clench his painful foot. Then I ran as fast, and quietly as I could, as to not alarm his friends of my arrival.
          I could not see anything at all, I ran aimlessly in one direction, hoping it was the way out. I kept running into trees, and bushes. Eventually I ended up running into that same warm figure that was once standing behind me, now he was in front of me.
          “Do not run Fairy, it is useless.” He said boldly, and clenched both my wrists.
          “I’m no Fairy.” I said bluntly.
          He shifted and the rays from the moon fell upon his face. My mouth fell open. He had deep auburn eyes and dark hair that fell over his face in an array. He looked a little older than me, possibly a year, he looked nineteen.
          “I beg to differ.” He whispered.
          I didn’t know if he was being serious, or flirting with me, or both.
          I tried to escape again but he gripped my wrists even firmer. "Not this time." He warned. I probably could have gotton away but I decided against it.
          He pulled me closer to him, so only I could hear his words. "If you are caught then you will regret your decision to visit this forest."
          I felt a cold chill prickle up my spine, I could feel the truthness in his words. Caught by who? His grip turned softer, his light fingertips felt like an endless carress on my skin. His fingertips travelled gently up my arm, I broke away quickly, feeling confused. What was this new feeling?
          I stared down at my feet. "I cannot leave." I said boldly.
          His voice turned even softer. "No, you cannot."
          I risked a look up and soon found myself lost in his golden eyes.



**This is not finished, but please R.R anyways, to let me know if I should continue.**
© Copyright 2007 Elidhuu (bella_hunni at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1259720-Human-or-Fairy