*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1282043-We-Think-We-Will-Live-Forever
by dollar
Rated: E · Essay · Opinion · #1282043
What if someone said to us in no uncertain terms that today would be our last.
Hypothetically, if some Godly voice or apparition told us that this day would be our last; how would we view the life we have had?
Apart from almost suffering a seizure on the spot, how mind-numbing would it be to be spiritually informed that our time here is up....goodbye life and world?
I don't mean people in their 60's and beyond.Surely at this age they have achieved all that they wanted to achieve.
No.I mean if we were given this awful revelation in our 20's or 30's.When most of us have barely met any of our aspirations and goals.
Yes, we all dream of doing something with our lives.Whether that be making a million bucks or helping the needy in Africa, we all harbour a certain level of desire we hope to quench before ' The Reeper ' pays us a visit.
Again, imagine if we are nowhere near attaining these dreams.If now the plug was to be pulled.
How utterly sickened with regret would we feel?
Knowing that we had decades of time to, at least, make a start in our quest for personal reward.
Sadly, if it was our last day, most of us would not have much to show for our 30 years on earth.
For the first time in our lives, we would realise how much time we have wasted on pointless pursuits.
That's the thing with humans, we have this built in belief when we are younger, that we have forever to achieve our aims.Although we also realise we must do whatever we dream of when we are still mentally and physically able to do so.
We don't want to think that time will catch up with us.We don't want to think that a day will come that, sadly, is the end.And leaving us with very little to show for a lifetimes effort.
So make everyday the last in terms of influential means.
Why put off our dreams in life.What are we waiting for?
Do we want regret to cripple our thoughts if we know we have left it too late?
Definately not.
Well let's remember that we've not got forever, but we have now.
Let's make it happen.Let's go out and get that dream.
Clocks Ticking!!!!
© Copyright 2007 dollar (ketch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1282043-We-Think-We-Will-Live-Forever