*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1282489-Do-Something-For-The-First-Time-Again
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by dollar
Rated: E · Other · Inspirational · #1282489
If only we could experience the feeling, the first time we did something.
To do something for the first time again, would be nothing short of amazing.
I mean things like the feeling of awe we all felt when we pushed off, unaided,on our new bicycles and went more than 10 metres before crashing into a tree.
It didn't matter at the time that we had a mouthful of dirt and branches.We felt such an adrenalin burst that nothing would diminish the feeling of elation.
Even earlier in our lives was of course when we took our first steps as a child.After months of frustratingly watching everyone around us walking about whilst we were eating carpet,we held on to a piece of furniture- then magically, walked the first few steps of many millions before an emotional audience.
The feeling of taking our first stride alone must have been pure heaven in terms of what we achieve throughout our lives.
It's a pity not many people in the whole history of the world will ever remember the awesome experience.
I suppose the closest we would get to replicate the feeling in an adult would be someone who tragically became paralysed, then after years of hopelessness and endless recovery they miraculously walked again.
The feelings we had as youngsters are all but a memory now.
Life was new.Life was adventurous.Almost on a daily basis we would feel amazed by something that is now a mundane fixture in everday adult life.
Kissing our first love, driving our first car,winning our first race, passing our first exam, earning our first pay.The list goes on and on.
But sadly a lot of the cherished moments most of us will experience in life will occur before we reach adulthood.
And since we are overly familiar with all the things that produced surreal pleasures at the time, we have sadly forgotten how damn good they all were.
If only we could go back to our childhood of innocense, into our little bodies and fully absorb that forgotten feeling of doing something for the first time again!!
© Copyright 2007 dollar (ketch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1282489-Do-Something-For-The-First-Time-Again