*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1291095-Rebel
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Crime/Gangster · #1291095
Any Hints or Suggestions on what i should add to it next?
Ever since I was 3 I have always been a rebel. I would no matter what refuse to do something. When my teachers told me to take a nap I would sit up with my arms folded over my chest and refuse to sleep. When I started middle school, I basically got detention every day of the week. After 7th grade I realized being a “Rebel” wasn’t getting me anywhere besides a detention room, or a beating from my Mother.
“Kamron Hynes!” my mother bellowed basically at the top of her lungs.
“What?” I asked flicking through the channels on the TV.

“Get your ass into this kitchen right now” she screamed, I rolled my eyes and stood up.

“What do you want?” I said walking into the kitchen.

“Did you skip school today?” she asked. Her face was all red and she had her fists tight in balls.

“Umm…” I thought... did I skip school today? “Yea” I said cocking my head in annoyance.

“Why?” I asked leaning against the counter, getting ready for a long boring lecture. Instead of a lecture she charged at me like a lion chasing prey.

“Whoa” I yelled moving out of the way.

“Get over here!” she yelled grabbing me by my shirt. She smacked me hard and when she was done I couldn’t help but laugh.

“That’s all you got?” I asked cockily. She pushed me down to the ground and started punching me in the face; I felt my eyebrow ring starting to bleed.

“Okay I get your point,” I said standing up. “Ill go tomorrow,” I said walking away from her.

“Kamron” she moaned almost pleading, “Why for once can’t you be a good kid?” I opened the refrigerator and pulled out a bottle of Gatorade.

“Ma…I am good,” I said rolling my eyes, gulping it.

“Go to your room!” she screamed pushing me out of the kitchen, my Mother was about 4’8” and I was 5’8” She pushed me to my room and slammed my door, I sat on my bed and finished off the bottle of Gatorade. After I knew she wasn’t going to come back in a walked over to my window and opened it, we lived in a 2 story apartment building and we lived on first floor. I slipped out the window and closed it softly. I jogged away from my house. When I was 2 blocks away from my house, I stopped into a walk and decided to walk to my girlfriend’s house.
I knocked softly on the door. And waited for someone to answer. Her little brother opened it. “Hi… Kamron” he said smiling, he was only about 6. “Who is it Donald?” Nicki (my girlfriend) asked coming to the door. “Ohh hey babes” she said pulling me in by my shirt. “Donald go clean your room or something” she ordered him.

“Its clean” he said smartly.

“Hey little buddy” I said bending down. “I’ll give you $5 if you go to your room while me and Nicki talk… its really important” I added he smiled. I pulled a $10 bill out of my pocket, I stuck my hand back into my pocket to find a $5…. “Here take it,” I said handing him the $10.

“Wow! Thanks Kamron” he said running to his room.

Nicki smiled when he shut his door. She put her hands on my shoulders and gave me a long kiss. I put my hands on her ass. We stood there kissing. “Your so sexy” I said making our foreheads touch.

“Am not” she said kissing my chest. I lifted her up and she wrapped her legs around me, I pinned her back up against the wall and we kissed again.

“Ewww” Donald said walking into the room I was so stunned that I almost dropped Nicki.

“Donald!” she yelled chasing after him. He ran for his life. Nicki grabbed him and smacked him across the face lightly. “GO to your room…you’re grounded” She yelled pushing him into his room and closing the door. I could hear him crying.
“I’m telling Mommy” he yelled pounding his little fists up against the door. Nicki slid a chair in front of it and walked towards me.
“Little brat” she said pulling me to the couch.

“Are you gonna beat our kids too?” I joked. She didn't laugh.
“Shut up” she yelled pushing me down, onto the couch. She sat on my lap facing me. “Kiss me…. Now!” she joked, I laughed and began to suck on her neck. I loved the way she tasted and I wanted more, I didn't stop sucking until I heard her older brothers’ car pull into the drive way, not even 5 minutes. “Ohh My GOD” she yelled jumping up and pulling me with her. “Common” she yelled half dragging me to the back door. “Wait here” she said pushing me out of the house, onto the deck.
Her brother and I didn't get along too good considering we were in a lot of the same classes and would fist fight any opportunity we got. I sat on her back porch waiting impatiently. “Lets go” Nicki yelled running out of the house. “RUN” She yelled grabbing my shirt. I ran with her.

“Why are we running?” I asked still running along side her.

“My Brother is ready to beat the shit out of you that’s why” she said grabbing my hand as we ran.

“Why?” I asked as we slowed into a walk.

“Because I got a Hicki,” she said showing me her neck where I had been sucking. It was the biggest Nicki I had ever seen.

“Holy Shit!” I yelled looking at it more closely. “I did that?” I asked rubbing my thumb over it.

“Yea” she said in a pissed off tone. “Ohh My God, I’m so sorry” I said laughing.

“Common lets go to the park,” she said squeezing my hand. I laughed.

“What did Derek say when he saw it?” I asked referring to her brother.

“He swung to smack me but I moved” she said laughing. I stopped in my tracks.

“He tried to hit you?” I asked furious now. “Yea but-“ I let go of her hand and turned back to her house. Nicki ran along side me. “Kamron don't do anything stupid, please!” she yelled trying to stop me. No one was gonna hit my girl, I don't think so I thought as a stormed back to her house, a cop car pulled up on the side of me.
“Are you Kamron Hynes?” He asked. I stopped, my whole body frooze up.
“Yea why?” I said turning to him.

“Get in” he demanded.

“Screw you… I got business to take care of,” I said walking towards Nicki's house still.

“KAMRON!” Nicki yelled she didn't walk after me she stood where she was.

“What?” I asked looking back at her. “Do what he says” I rolled my eyes.

“What did I do?” I asked the cop looking at him.

“Your mother wants you home NOW!” he said taking a sip from his coffee.
“Kam just go” Nicki said squeezing my arm.

I huffed “Fine” I said walking to the car.

“No kiss?” Nicki asked folding her arms over her chest.

“Of course you get a kiss,” I said wrapping my arms around her and kissing her lips. She put her hands on my stomach and moved them down until….
“Lets go!” The cop yelled.

“Damn It” I yelled to him. “Il call you,” I said kissing her again.


“I was so worried about you,” my Mother yelled trying to hug me.

“Screw off” I yelled pushing her away. The cop was still standing in my house.

“Dave see what I mean?” she said hugging the cop.

“You’re a little slut…You’re dating a cop now?” I asked in shock. “What happened to the doctor? Or the Mail Man?” I walked towards my room and slammed my door so hard I think I made a crack in the wall.

“KAMRON” Dave yelled opening my door.

“Get the hell out of my room!” I yelled jumping up.

“No… you treat your mother with respect,” he yelled stepping into MY room. I freaked out, I’ve never liked any of my Moms boyfriends especially the ones that tried to act like my father.

“Get the hell out NOW!” I yelled standing up with my hands into fists.

“Now go tell her your sorry” I bit my lip and didn't say anything

“I said get out!” I mumbled through gritted teeth. I stepped closer to his face. He pushed me away from him I went flying back into my bureau.

“Stop it both of you” My mother said pushing her way into my room. Dave starred me down until I decided that I wasn’t going to take his shit. I charged at him and tackled him, I started punching him and when I stood up I kicked him in the ribs. I was so scared of what was going to happen… was he going to arrest me? I sat down on the couch, I was shaking like a leaf, and I had never hit a cop in my life.
My mother helped him up and I saw him working in his jaw, where I had hit him. “You’re a little bastard,” he yelled pulling away from my mother. I stood up.

“Don't you ever call me a bastard again!” I yelled pissed now more than ever.

“I gotta go back to work!” he yelled walking towards the door.

As soon as he closed the door my Mom yelled “Ohh my god” and ran to her room I rolled my eyes and sat back down.

“I hate my life!” I yelled loud enough for her to hear me. I stood up and walked out of the house. I decided I would go skating down at my school. I grabbed my skateboard off the porch and hopped on it. I skated down the street and headed towards my school. As I passed my best friend Bryans house I pondered upon having him come with me, but I was skating so fast that I didn't have enough time to think I passed his house and figured I would only be skating for a little bit.
When I got to the schoolyard I practiced my jumps and worked on some tricks.

“Hey Freak!” Some one yelled. I looked at where the voice came from; it was Jon and his gang of friends.

“Shit” I mumbled under my breath. “What do you want Jon?” I asked walking toward him. I knew what was going to happen… they were going to jump me.

“Why you being all cocky Freak!?” he asked pushing me in the shoulder. As soon as he touched me I got a flash back of when Dave pushed me earlier that day. “Are you serious Jon!” I yelled pushing his arm away form me. Everyone “Uwweeddd” Jon looked shocked, usually I let him torture me and piss me off, but after what happened today with Dave I wasn’t gonna take no crap from no one.

“You wanna start? Freak?” He asked stepping into my face, we were about the same height.

“Yea actually I do,” I yelled throwing down my board.

“Your too much of a chicken to fight” one of his friends chimed in.

“Really?” I said raising my fist slowly, when he saw it he went to block but I quickly hit him with my other fist. “Wow” someone yelled Jon backed up a little. “Dick” he yelled charging at me, he tackled me and started punching me in the face.
“Grab his arms” Jon yelled to his friends, I tried getting up but there were too many people holding me down. They pulled me up a little so I was almost on my feet. “You wanna fight still?” Jon asked sarcastically. I nodded.

“Im not afraid of you” I yelled putting my head down a little. I was slugged a few times until I lost my breath and could’nt breath. After my whole body was limp they dropped me, my lifeless body was just lying there on the cement.

“Ohh and one more thing” he said laughing. He kicked me in my lower stomach, I lost all the breath that I might have had left. I blacked out for a few moments, I heard someone breathing above my head.

“Do it!!” his friend said laughing. I looked up and saw Jon hovering over me, “Okay” he said he put his hand on my forehead and ripped out my eyebrow ring, I yelled in pain! “Common lets go,” they yelled running away.
I stayed curled up like a pathetic little kid. I held my head and my stomach. I couldn’t believe how much my eyebrow was bleeding, I could barely see out of it, and there was too much blood pouring out into my eye. I stood up and started swearing loudly, I picked up my brow ring, which was on the ground. I shoved it into my pocket. I looked for my board and saw it on the grass where I threw it, “Surprised they didn't take it” I mumbled picking it up, I walked with it in my hands. I swore the whole way to my street when I got in sight of my house I saw Nicki and Bryan walking towards it. “Dude he’s right there” I heard Bryan say to Nicki. Nicki came running towards me. “Ohh My God!” she yelled wrapping her arms around me. “What the…?” Bryan said looking at me.

“Baby what happened” she said kissing my neck.

“Dude what the hell happened to you?” I didn't say anything.

“Lets go clean you up” Nicki said pulling me towards my house.

“I can’t go home looking like this,” I mumbled looking down at my girlfriend.

“Common lets go to my house, no ones home,” Bryan said pulling my sleeve. Nicki grabbed my other hand tight and pulled me towards Bryans house.

“Who did it?” Bryan asked when we got to his house. I started swearing

“Jon and his retarded gang” Nicki looked at me with her jaw dropped.

“Common Man” Bryan said pulling us into his house; he brought me straight to his bathroom. I looked at my reflection in the mirror. My whole left side of my face was covered in dry blood. “Damn” I said poking my eyebrow. I started swearing again. I washed my shoved my face under the faucet and washed all the blood away. Nicki started crying.

“What's the matter babe?” I said patting my face with a towel that Bryan gave me.

“Screw it!” she yelled running out of the bathroom. I looked at Bryan he shrugged I huffed and threw down my towel.

“Nick,” I yelled chasing her out of the bathroom, she was using Bryans phone.
“Derek!” she yelled into the phone. “Tell your faggot friends to leave my boyfriend the hell alone!” I stood at her side.

“Who is that?” Bryan asked stepping into the room.

“Her brother” I said looking at him. I sat down on the couch behind Nicki.

“NO!” Nicki yelled. “Screw off… or ill kick his ass” Nicki yelled. “Ohh MY God!!! I Hate You!” Nicki yelled slamming the phone down. “My gay ass brother had Jon beat you up!” she said tears filling her bright eyes, I looked at her sympathetically. “Does it hurt?” she said sitting on my lap. She raised her hand to my eyebrow.

“Not really” I lied. Nicki leaned down and we kissed

“Ohh here we go” Bryan groaned walking back into the bathroom.

“Kam… come here I have to fix your brow before it closes” I stood up and went into the bathroom. “Sit down” he said pulling out a bandage and bottle of peroxide. I sat down on the hamper. He poured some peroxide on my eye and let it fizz. “You got the ring?” he asked. I pulled it out of my pocket and handed it to him. He somehow put it into my eyebrow, folded the broken skin over it and put the bandage over it. “The bandage will hold it where it is so the skin will grow back together.” I nodded.

“Your smart” I joked.

“Your face is still messed up” he said looking at me. I looked at myself in the mirror; I had a bruise on my cheek bone and the cuts on my forehead.

“What time is it?” I asked looking at Nicki. She looked at her cell.

“About 7:45” my jaw dropped

“Holy shit” I mumbled standing up.

“Yea I gotta get home, I have a HUGE history final tomorrow first block,” she said grabbing her purse.

“Ill walk you home” I said standing up.

“Want me to go with you?” Bryan asked.

I nodded. The three of us walked out of the house and started for Nicki's house.

“Aren’t you grounded?” Nicki asked

“Yea” I said putting my arm around her. She huffed. On our way to her house I told them the whole story about what had exactly happened at the park with Jon and his Friends.
We got to her house and I walked her to her door. When I knew she was in, me and Bryan walked away, I couldn’t stop talking about how sexy she was.

“I wanna bang her,” I said smiling with an evil grin on my face.

“She doesn't want to?” he asked.

I shrugged “She wants to wait a little more” He laughed at me. I didn't get home until about 9:30 because I ended up going back to Bryans because I wanted my skateboard and when I got to his house we chilled on his pourch talking for a bit.
“Where the hell have you been!?” my Mother yelled into my ear as soon as I stepped into the house. “Another fight?” she asked smacking me across the face.

“Don't touch me” I yelled pushing her, not realizing my own strength she accidently fell down to the ground. She jumped up and pushed me into the door. “Don't treat me like Im one of your friends” she screamed. I smacked her across the face and pushed her so hard that she fell into the coffee table, which broke in half as she fell onto it. I was shocked at what I had done. I walked to my room and slammed my door and blasted some music. I had never hit my mother or even touched her for that fact, that’s when I started to feel bad for her. I walked out into the parlor and saw my mother sitting at the kitchen table crying.

“Im sorry” I mumbled walking over to her.

“Its to late for that” she said in an evil voice. There was a bang on the door. My heart stopped. My mom started crying louder.

“You didn't!” I yelled predicting what was about to happen, I ran to my room and peaked out the window. There were 2 cops at the door. I slammed my door shut. “Ohh shit… Ohh Shit” I repeated. I opened my window, and slipped out I closed it as quietly as I could. Without looking back I started running away from the house.

“There he is” someone yelled. I ran as fast as I could, the cops were no match for me… I had always been a fast runner, and I knew my neighborhood better then anyone, I cut thru a few yards and arrived at Nickis house in no time.
I banged on her door as hard as I could. “Nicki!” I yelled banging harder. She opened the door, I was so glad it was her and not her brother. I was all out of breath, and practically pushed her out of the way. “My Mom… there after me…” I let out, I was out of breath and panting very hard. Nicki held me

“Who?” she asked frantic.

“My Mom called the cops on me” I was so out of breath that I couldn’t breathe.

“Calm down” she assured me kissing me. “Why? What happened?” I took a deep breath, and before I could begin to talk she grabbed my arm. “Come to my room” she said pulling me there.

“What is he doing here?” Derek said as we passed his room. He was looking at me with HATE in his eyes. “Damn kid…looks like you saw a ghost” I was shaking uncontrollably.

“Calm down” Nicki said slamming the door in Derek's face.

“I can’t go to jail,” I mumbled sitting down on her bed. I put my hands on my head as she rubbed my back.

“Ohh My God” she said looking out the window. My heart stopped. “I didn't mean to… Tell her that” I said hugging Nicki as tight as I could. “I was pissed, It was an accident” I said quickly, opening her window.

“Nicki!” Derek yelled banging on the door. “Where's Kamron?” my heart stopped and I felt my blood get cold. “SHIT” I yelled getting ready to jump out the window. The door busted open and 2 cops came in.

“You run fast, kid” he said all out of breath. “Common” one said pulling me up by my arm, I was halfway out the window buyt he grabbed me!

“I love you,” Nicki said beginning to cry.

The cop pushed me to the ground and cuffed my wrists tghtly behind my back, he then started searching me. “Weed?” he asked pulling a bag of weed out of my pocket.

“Kamron!” Nicki yelled. She had wanted me to stop smoking a long time ago, and I had never quit.

“I’m sorry babe” I said looking deep into her eyses her.

“Okay that’s enough,” he said pushing Nicki away. He pulled me to my feet.

“Ill call you…if I can” I promised. Nicki started to cry.
As they pulled me out of the house, I saw Derek hold Nicki. “Don't touch me…dick head,” she yelled pushing him off the porch. “I LOVE YOU” She yelled before they put me into the car.
The ride to the police station sucked, I had only been in a cop car one other time, which was because I was involved in a street fight. They only brought me home though, never to a police station.
As they put me in a holding cell I saw my Mother through the glass, I didn’t look at her, instead I laid down on the small bed. I had such a headache. They had taken everything… my shoelaces, jewelry, The only thing they didn’t take out was my eyebrow ring, which was covered by a bandage. They searched me again at the station and fingerprinted me, along with a picture of my grinning.
I fell asleep in that position and didn't wake up until, my mom’s boyfriend; Dave started banging on the door, which was opened. “Lets go,” he said walking out of the room. I jumped up and ran out.

“Ohh Kamron” My mom said hugging me tightly againsy her. “I’m Sorry,” she said starting to cry.

“Shirley don't show him that he's dominant over the situation” I rolled my eyes.

“Common Babe lets go home,” she said rubbing my shoulder. Dave shoved a bag into my hands as we left, it contained, all my personal items that I had came in with.
When we got into my Moms car. My mom waved to Dave and blew him a kiss. We didn't talk the whole way home, “What time is it?” I asked when we were about a block away.

“It doesn't matter because you’re not going out” she said, I sulked

“Whatever” I mumbled under my breath. When we got to our house I jumped out of the car and walked into the house. I didn't even wait for my mother; I just went straight into my room.

My alarm rang and I slowly turned it off. I groaned. I got ready for school and when I was ready I headed towards Bryans house. “Dude what the hell happened to you?” Bryan asked meeting me in front of his house. “Nicki called me up crying last night I was on the phone with her almost all night” I shrugged.

“My mom called the fricken cops on me!” we headed towards our school we were both on our skateboards. “Dude” he said laughing at me.

“Its not funny, they did it in front of Nicki!” Bryans jaw dropped.

“That’s screwed up,” he said.

“I need to talk to Nicki,” I mumbled as we approached our school.

“She's right there,” Bryan said pointing to Nicki; she was walking with her brother, Derek. I didn't say anything.

“Dude, call her name” I said pushing him.

“Why, so her brother can get people after me too!” I shrugged, I would just talk to her later. “Common Man lets get some cheers,” he said skating up the handicapped ramp. When he got to the top, he grinded the rail all the way down. People started cheering for him. “Common man” he said pulling a 360 flip. I saw Nicki in the crowd, with her brother. I skated up the ramp and did a nose grind down the rail, when I landed I pulled a 320 reverse flip. Everyone cheered even louder.

“Common lets ditch,” I said looking at Bryan. Jon and his friends were in the crowd. We skated off the ramp and went towards the doors, to the school.

“I love attention,” Bryan said opening the door for me. I put down my board and skated in. “Your going to get it taken away” Bryan said walking with his. I flipped the board into my hands.

“Kamron!” someone said in a sexy voice from behind me. I turned around to see Lisa, the head of the cheerleader squad.

“Ohh God…here we go” Bryan said pushing me in the shoulder.

“What?” I said walking over to her. Lisa had been trying to go out with me since she found out I was dating Nicki.

“Ohh Kamron” she said pushing my back into the locker. “Kiss Me,” she said lifting her head so I could kiss her neck.

“I have a girlfriend,” I said pulling my back off the locker.

“Screw that bitch” Lisa said putting her hands on my hips.

“I have a girl,” I said emphasizing the word “GIRL”. I pulled her hands off me and walked towards Bryan. She followed me.

“Lisa screw the hell off my Man!” Nicki yelled walking into the building, the door behind her slammed hard and she walked towards us. I smiled at her. “Get over the fact that he likes me and not you you stupid SLUT” she yelled stepping into Lisa’s face.

“Nick… please don't fight,” I said pulling her by her arm.

“No,” she said ripping away from me. “If I have to fight to have you… then Im damn well gonna” she said punching Lisa in her face. Lisa fell to the floor.

“Ohh Shit” Derek said stepping into the school with a few of his friends behind him. “Go Nick” he said laughing. Nicki looked at her brother and that’s when Lisa pulled her down to the ground.

“Bitch” Lisa yelled smacking her. Nicki freaked out, Nicki stood up and kicked Lisa in the stomach.

“Whore” Nicki yelled ripping Lisa’s shirt off. Bryan laughed in amusement.

“Go Nicki” he applauded.

“Take it all off” Derek's friends laughed. Nicki pulled out Lisa’s hair and smacked her again.

“Stupid Bitch… Keep your hands off my fuckin man!” Nicki yelled pushing her back to the ground. I was shocked.

“GO Nicki” Derek yelled clapping his hands “I taught you fricken damn good” Nicki smiled at him.

“Common babe. We need to talk” Nicki said putting her arms around my neck. We kissed.

“Gross” Derek said walking past us and slamming his shoulder into mine. Everyone in our small school, knew of the beef between me and Derek.
“Common lets get the hell out of here” Bryan said skating down the hall. I grabbed Nicki's hand and pulled her after Bryan.

“What happened last night?” Nicki asked me when we got into the cafeteria, where we always hung out in the morning. We sat at our usual seat and I told her and Bryan the whole story.

“Wow” Nicki said resting her head on my chest. “Im sorry” She added kissing my chin.

“Wasn’t your fault” I mumbled kissing her forehead.

“Yo... Kamron!” I heard someone yell. I looked up and saw Jon with Derek. “Derek!” Nicki warned in a stern tone.

“What?” I asked answering Jon.

“How’s your brow?” He asked sitting on the side of me grinning. I didn't answer. “Dude, I wanna call a truce,” he said reaching putting out his hand. Bryan looked at me, telling me not to with his eyes.

“Alright” I said putting my hand in his. When I grabbed Jon’s hand Derek flipped my chair backwards and I fell to the floor. I stood up swearing at him loudly and he jumped up and began running down the hallway, I sprinted after him.

“Kamron!” Nicki and Bryan Yelled after me.

I blocked them out and chassed Derek as he flew down the science wing, I was not to far behind, my mind filled with things I was going to do to him after I caught up with him, I was going to beat the shit out of him! Finally he stopped and a big grin came across his face. I punched him before he could say anything. I wasn’t going to put up with his shit anymore. Not Ever! I tackled him and started punching him. All my anger came out on him, all my senses stopped working I didn't feel pain or hear him crying I just kept hitting him. I stood up and kicked him over and over again.

“KAMRON” Bryan yelled pulling me back. I still had so much energy, I punched a locker a few times, my knuckles were all bloody, and now there was blood on the lockers

“Son of a bitch” I screamed pushing Bryan hard. I didn’t mean to, but I had so much adrenaline flowing through my veins.

“Chill out” Bryan yelled shaking me.

I took a breath. “Ohh My God” I said looking at all the blood. I took a deeper breath. “Im going to jail again… Yupp I'm getting locked up” I repeated. I leaned against a locker and slid down it. “Where's Nicki?” I asked looking up.

“I think she's still in the cafeteria, after you took off Jon put his arm around her. She smacked him and told me to get you” I jumped up.

“Kam not now” he yelled pushing me into a locker. I looked at Derek, he was curled up in a ball trying not to cry, there was blood everywhere, I wasn’t sure if it was mostly mine or his, but all I could see was blood. “Did he break anything?” Bryan asked Derek. Derek was crying, but in a muffed cry. Bryan put his hand on Derek's shoulder.

“Don't touch me,” Derek said through gritted teeth.

“I need to find Nicki,” I said standing up, “Shes gonna kill me” My heart was racing and I didn’t know what to do… Teachers were gonna find me soon, and iw ouldnt get a chance to talk to her. “Common” I said grabbing Bryans shirt. We walked through the rest of the halls; there were a few kids in the halls, but it was still very early. We couldn’t find Nicki anywhere. We grabbed our stuff from the cafeteria, we decided to go to our lockers and look for her while doing so.

“Im going to get suspended again” I said slamming my locker shut.

“Probably” Bryan said shaking his head. “Nicki too” he added slamming his locker shut. “She fought Lisa this morning remember?” I remembered and I knew my mom was going to kill me if I got suspended again.
“Where the hell is she?” I mumbled heading to my first block with Bryan.

“I have no idea,” we said putting our backpacks down.

“Mr. Hynes and Mr. Clark” My teacher said stepping into the class. “Go to the principles office immediately” we picked up our backpacks and went to the office.

“Yup I’m suspended” I said laughing.

“What about me?” Bryan asked.

“There probably just going to warn you or something stupid like that” We got to the office and walked in. Nicki was sitting down inside. Lisa was sitting in another chair, about 6 seats away. “There you are,” I said sitting on the side of her.

“My brother…” she said looking at me. “What did you do?” She stuttered.

“Beat the living shit out of him” Bryan answered for me.

“Did you?” Nicki asked looking at me straight in the eyes. I nodded.

“Yea” I said slouching in my seat. Nicki huffed.

“Kamron Hynes” the principle said stepping out of his office, “Step into my office… you too Bryan” she said looking up from her glasses. I looked at Nicki than stood up. I huffed and walking into her small but comfortable looking office. The office was very bright and the sun was shining into my eyes. “Kamron, you know your going to be suspended right?” I shook my head. “Derek might have a broken nose! And his parents might want to press charges!” she said dropping a stack of papers on her desk. “And you Bryan,” she said looking at him.

“I didn't even do anything,” he protested before she could even speak.

“What I was going to say is that your also suspended for the rest of the day” his jaw dropped.

“What did I do?” he yelled. His face was all red with fury.

“You were involved,” she said taking off her glasses.

“NO HE WASN'T” I yelled standing up.

“Your going to tell me he just watched?” she asked.

I huffed “Not really he was the one who pulled me off Derek, he chassed after me and by the time he got there I had already beat the shit outta him!” I yelled, pissed that Bryan was gonna get in trouble because of me. I knew Nicki could hear me and in a way a wanted her to hear me.

“Kamron calm down” the principle yelled.

“No!” I yelled still standing.

“Kam stop yelling man” Bryan said sitting me down.

“Fine…Bryan go back to class,” she yelled signing a piece of paper quickly.

“Later man” Bryan said slapping my hand.

“Later” I said sitting in the chair and leaning back.

“Are you dating the Alves girl?” she asked looking into my eyes,

“Yea… Why?” I said rubbing my fists, which were swollen, and were still bloody. “Why are you fighting her older brother than?” she asked with a lot of confusion.

“Isnt it obvious?,” I said in a restless tone. “Im not even going to get into it if you cant put two and two together… I mean… Common” She rolled her eyes and huffed at me, she picked up the receiver to her phone and dialed a number. I knew it was my number, because my file was open in front of her.

“Mrs. Hynes?” she asked, confirming my thought. “Your son…. has gotten into a fight today and is being suspended” I could hear my Mother yelling from where I was. The principle pulled the phone away. “Would you like to speak with him?” She asked, ‘damn it… you stupid bitch’ I thought as she handed me the phone

“KAMRON HYNES” she yelled

“That’s me,” I said cockily leaning back with the phone against my cheek.
“I can’t believe you got into a fight when you just got arrested last-“ she stopped where she was “Im on my way” she yelled hanging up the phone on me.

I handed the principle the receiver with a big grin on my face. “And what may I ask is so funny?” she said hanging up the phone.

“Nothing” I laughed standing up, “Ill be in the office,” I said pointing to the office, she nodded and let me go. Nicki was sitting where she was when I went into the there office. “Hey baby” I said grinning.

“Don't talk to me,” she said turning her body so her back was towards me.

“Babe” I said putting my hand on her shoulder.

“Don't touch me or ill have you arrested again!!!” she said pushing away from me, I know Nicki, and her even saying that statement hurt her more then it hurt me.
I felt like she had drilled a knife through my heart, my hands went cold and I put my head back, Nicki would never know how much I loved her, all the times she was there for me…and ‘ohh my god’ I thought holding my head in my hands. Nicki looked at me and put her hand on my back

“Hey Im sor-“ I jumped up.

“Get away from me” I yelled. ‘What the hell is wrong with you?’ I thought. I was like I had to people on my shoulders yelling back and fourth, one would say: ‘Tell her your sorry’ The other ‘screw that bitch’.. Everything happened so fast that I sat on the other side of the office where I was far away from her.

“Whatever,” she said rolling her eyes.

I could see remorse in her eyes when she looked at me. She was called into the office a few seconds later and was also suspended and so was Lisa. Everytime we made eye contact she would smile at me and stare me down.
I didn't look at Nicki until the office door swung open and in stomped my Mother who was furious, her hair was a wreck and I could see hatred in her eyes. She looked like she had just rolled out of bed and looked like a druggy. I could tell my face was ashen with embarrassment. I glanced at Nicki who by the look on her face looked terrified. She knew that was my mother and that’s what made me so embarrassed

“Lets go” she said through clenched teeth. She quickly signed a paper and we left the office, when I stood up she surprised me with a backhander across the face. I was surprised with the blow and it made me step back, Nicki didn't say anything, but closed her eyes and began to cry. My Mother grabbed me before I could say anything to Nicki and pulled me from the office, I grabbed her hand and stormed back in. I grabbed Nicki by the chin and we kissed, Which basically was everything I wanted to say, but the kiss basically covered it all on both ends. “Call me” she added as I walked out of the room.

“You little jerk…I’ve had it! I’m sending you away” my mom yelled when we got into the car. “Getting arrested… than suspended in 24 hrs. I don't think so!” she yelled. My jaw dropped.

“I Aint going anywhere” I yelled.

“Dave is setting it all up as we speak,” she yelled into my ear.

“Im not going anywhere…tell Dave to go screw himself” I was surprised with another smack.

“Wait till we get home. Im going to give you such a beating” she warned.

“Yeah Okay…Whatever!” I mumbled putting the radio up. When we got to the house I saw a car parked in front and I assumed that it was Dave’s ‘off duty car’.
“Get your ass into that house” she yelled pulling up behind his car. I didn't say anything I just marched into the house, I wasn’t afraid of my mother her smacks didn't hurt anymore, I had gotten a smack almost everyday since I was old enough to walk, and now 16 years later my face had become accustomed to being smacked. As soon as I stepped into the house Dave charged at me and before I realized what was going on he smacked me in the face.

“Get the hell off me” I yelled pushing him away form me, he had no right to hit me. He wasn’t my father!

“Get back here” he said tackling me when I turned and was on my back he jumped on top of me and punched me in the face! I was in shock about what was happening. ‘He can’t hit me!’
“Now get your ass to your room” he ordered as if he was my Dad. I stood up; my legs wouldn't move my body. “I SAID GET-“ I wasn’t going to let him talk like that to me, I stopped him in mid sentence.

“Why don't you go screw my mom or something!!!!” I yelled. I knew it was a lame comeback but I was too much in shock for anything else.

“KAMRON” my mother bellowed as she entered the room.

“Tell your pig boyfriend to get the hell out of my face!” I screamed at the top of my lungs, my Mother knew me, and she knew I was ready to flip out more then I had already done. I looked at Dave, and he pushed me into the wall.

“What did you just call me?” he asked pinning me against the wall.

“Don't Fuckin’ touch me!” I yelled, he pinned my hands above my head and slugged me in the stomach! I lifted my knee and kicked him away from me. He held his stomach, as I held mine.

“Kamron…go to your room!” my mother yelled rubbing Dave’s back.

“Screw you,” I yelled.

“Your gonna let your boyfriend hit me! That’s messed…I hate you!” I screamed and went into my bedroom; I slammed my door so hard a heard pictures fall off the walls!
I blasted some loud music, and made sure my door was locked, I punched the wall and my fist went through it. My knuckles were already bloody, from Derek, and now they were even bloodier. I took my football, which was on the floor at the foot of my bed. I looked at it, and squeezed it as hard as I could! I looked at my door and I whipped the ball at the window, the glass shattered the screen ripped. I had an anger problem, I knew that, anyone who knows me knows how I can be.
I plopped down on my bed, and layed back. I let the song zone me out. I got so zoned, that I slowly and peacefully drifted into a sleep! I only slept a few minutes, because I woke up to someone banging on my bedroom door, I looked at my stereo, which was still going full blast. I slowly stood up and lowered it. The banging stopped and I walked to the door,
“What?” I yelled through it.

“Kamron… please come out, we need to talk” my mothers voice yelled, I could tell she had been crying.

“No! Go screw your self!” I yelled turning to turn on my radio again.

“Kam, Im pregnant” she yelled, she was crying. My jaw dropped and I swung open my door. My mother stood there, she had tears on her face.

“Your what?” I asked, hoping I hadn’t heard her correctly.

“Come here” she said hugging me, for once I didn’t know why but I let her hug me.

“Where's Dave?” I mumbled looking out from my room.

“He went home,” she mumbled, against my chest. Tears flowing freely form her big red eyes “What am going to do?” she asked, like I had the answer! I didn't say anything; I just let her hold me. “Kamron, come with me” she said pulling at my shirt, I stood still and starred at her. “Please?” she begged, still in tears again. I slowly followed her into the parlor; she grabbed her keys and handed them to me. “Common, lets go for a ride” I nodded and we left the house, I locked the house door and walked towards her car.
I only had my permit, and I had only driven a few times my mother got in the passenger side, and I started the car, I fixed the seat and mirrors, to my liking. My mother watched me, until I peeled out and sped down the street, I had been driving since I was 12 and I knew how to drive very well... when I wanted to anyway.

“Where are we going?” I mumbled taking a sharp corner, making my mother go flying into the door.

“Slow down Kam!…Wherever I don’t care” she said rubbing her forehead. I sped to ‘the landing’ where Nicki and I usually watch the sunset together. The short ride there was totally silent except for the low radio that was playing. We sat still, both of us not talking, I was thinking about what life was going to be like with a new baby.

“Kamron” my mother began. I looked down at my hands, “You really gotta straighten out your shit!” she warned, “Two fights, getting arrested and suspended, all in 24hrs!” I looked at the water; it looked so calm, like another world. “Kam, if you don't straighten your shit, Im gonna really have to send you away” she warned me, this time, she grabbed my chin and made me look at her, “I don't wanna lose my baby” she said smiling at me, referring to me. I smiled a little bit; I hadn’t heard her call me her baby in years! What had made her act so differently? She was so bi-polar, it was awful, she was even worse when she didn’t take her medicine, which was obviously she hadn’t been taking it the past few days.
After another long silence, I finally asked, “Who's the father?” she didn't answer. I looked up at her, wondering if she even heard me ask the question. “Ma?” I asked again. She started crying, and shook her head,

“I don't know,” she said bursting into tears. I closed my eyes, thinking of how much of a slut my mother was.

“Well you must have some clue,” I said keeping my eyes on the water; it hurt so much to act like more of an adult than my mother.

“Kam do you even know where I work?” I thought a bit, and I had never asked my mother what her job was, I had never even wondered where we got our income. I shrugged; she took a deep breath and starred out into the water. “Ohh god, I don't know what Im going to do” she sighed and I finally looked at her.

“Well…where do you work?” I said almost yelling, she didn't answer, she just shook her head.

“Forget it,” she mumbled, keeping her eyes out on the water.

“Ma” I said looking at the funny expression on her face, she looked at me, and as soon as our eyes met, she busted into tears.

“Ohh Kamron, I'm sorry! I'm an awful person, im dirty and im sorry” she said dabbing her eyes with her sweatshirt. I knew what she did for work, finally it all came into focus, she had been prostituting, all her “boyfriends” were actually people she slept with for money! I got nausious.

“I’m sorry for everything” she said sincerely. So much hatred for my Mother rose at that moment, as my mind was filling with memories and all the pieces were beginning to fall together. I opened the door and stepped out. I slammed it shut again and leaned against the door, I rubbed my stomach, I knew that my ribs were bruised My mother called my name but I wasn’t in the mood to talk to her anymore, I started walking to the skate park, it was a long walk, about 2 miles away.

“Kamron” my mother yelled getting out of the car; I was about 30 feet away from the car by now. I didn't look back; I started running as fast as I could. My baggy pants made it harder for me to run my fastest.
Finally when I was about 3 blocks away, I stopped into a walk. I pounded my fists into the sides of my legs, just thinking about Dave! I felt bad about leaving my mother there but she wasn’t handicap she could drive! I started into a run and ran the rest of the way there. I went from jog to speed run, to a slow run. It felt good to feel my heart racing so fast. Finally when it came into sight I stopped into a walk. I took a deep breath, and looked down at my shirt. I was soaked in sweat, and my arms were actually dripping. I walked to the skate park and when I finally reached the gates, I felt so much better, and it felt like a weight was lifted from my shoulders. I smiled and looked around no one was in sight. I was confused, usually its packed and you have to wait in line. I looked around again and sat on the edge or the half pipe to catch my breath, I pulled my sweaty T-Shirt off. I was so hot, the sun was beating down on my 6-pack abs and I closed my eyes trying to forget my worries and problems.
“Hey,” I heard a female voice yell. I sat up and looked at the figure, since I was looking into the sun, my eyes were so dark, and I couldn’t make out the figure! I blocked the sun from my eyes with my hand, and looked at the person. “Its me” the voice said again, she was walking towards me and the closer she got the more I recognized her. Finally I realized who it was, it was Lisa!
I stood up and starred her down.

© Copyright 2007 Aymayndia (aymayndia at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1291095-Rebel