*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1297160-Molik-Manor
by OKi
Rated: E · Other · Writing · #1297160
An entry for the One Path to Many Contests.
Greg stared down the empty street. The path was winding up a hill. The trees were so thick, no light shone on the drive. Greg gulped, 'I have to hurry, it's almost too late. Here goes nothing.' Greg patted his pocket on his leather jacket and started strolling down the path.

*          *          *


Greg woke up to the morning sunshine. He grabbed his robe and walked out of his bedroom. On his way to the kitchen, he passed the front door. 'What's this?' Greg asked, pausing at the door. A piece of lined paper with "Greg" written on the front. Greg picked up the note, curiously. He opened the note, as he it his chin dropped and his eyes bulged. "MeET mE @ MOliK mANor @ 4:00" the note read. Greg started pacing around the room. 'What to do? What to do?' he thought, 'I better just go.'

*          *          *


'I made up my mind then and I'm not changing it now,' Greg told himself as he cautiously made teh first turn. Shadows jumped out at him everywhere he turned. Greg sped up his pace, he was almost at a run. In minutes he had reached Molik Manor. Greg stood in front of the grand, old door, not daring to push it open. Standing there, Greg shifted toward the door. At that moment the door swung wide open. He stepped inside the ill-lit hall. "Hello?" he called, "Anyone there?" His footsteps rang throughout the house. He turned into the first room he saw.

"Surprise!" Everyone yelled, jumping into view, "Happy Birthday Greg!"
© Copyright 2007 OKi (isoocer8 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1297160-Molik-Manor