*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1299501-Invisible-Force
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest · #1299501
An invisible force drives this bottle to get towards his goal. Land. Message. Mantle.
Bottle sits by and by waiting for someone, anyone.  But no one comes. 

“No one’s picking me up,” screaming from inside.

Bobbing, bobbling…the urging sea climbs.  Swooshing and billowing with white fluff all around.  Tumbling and twisting, rolling and doting. Not a pop of my cork, not a curiosity in sight.  What’s there to do?  Who’s left to see? Is anyone out there? Can anyone see?

The waves crash.

The ships large and majestic cut through the choppy waters brushing Bottle by, as if he didn’t matter, he was pure junk.  To and fro, the sea complains, yet no one insight, to make it complain. 

“What will I expect to see?  Will this change my fortune?  Will this get me closer to my destiny?  Do I even have a destiny?” exclaims Bottle.  Yet he pushes on and on.

Waiting, waiting, waiting…Nothing.  No one. No.

Bobbing up and down as the sea cradles him again, yet there’s still nothing.  No one picks him up.  He is still alone.

The setting of the warm sun projects against the blanket of the sea and as night falls quietly and habitually, the sea creatures begin there descent of discretion creating inherited patterns that only they can understand and revealed to a select few during a lifetime.

Rendering dizzily until Bottle finally found balance on his back, his insides huddle close trying to keep it together.

“As I calmly linger until the morning sun and day begins, I patiently glide as the wild life below emerges.”

Swimming in tune to natures quest; dolphins, seals, whales, fin and fish alike, swiftly make there ways around, up and down, as if in a race against time.  Maybe their time.  The catfish and its whiskers submerged just slightly to catch its daily rations.  The Red Bass, Tuna and Trout, all swimming by and by minding to there own reflexes of hunter and hunted.  “Oh, I hope not to see a Tiger shark,” exclaims Bottle.  “Those guys will gobble up anything and I’m not ready to just sit around with nothing to do.  I need to see the sun one last time.  One more day. One more moment.  My destiny.”

“Wait, wait, what do I se?  What’s coming my way?  It’s not what I think?  Could it be a boat?  A small ship?  Maybe.  But it’s too low and coming in too fast.  Uh-oh, here’s another wave.  Great, I’m being pushed.  But what’s this?  Great, giant teeth brush right by me.  Could it be? Is it possible?  A TIGER SHARK!!!  NOOOOO!!! These waves need to move me closer.” Bobbing, and doting.  “Must move closer.” And still bobbing and doting.  “Not moving fast enough.  Wait, what do I feel?  This great invisible force, hah, hah…it’s wind.  There’s wind.  Great, now if only a wave came crawling by, this would get me closer to the shore.” CRASH…ROLL…thunderous crescents of whites and blues reflect against the glass as waves push and roll Bottle away from the sea.  “Yes, the waves are moving me closer and are getting higher.  I’m getting my wind.  Great!  I’m going home.” 
“Poor toothie.  He’s no where around.”  Just then, a lunge and splash of water come high from underneath.  And out comes Bottle flaying through the air.  “ Argh!!!!  I’m airborne.  I can the shore better now, but wait, I’m tilting forward.  The shark’s mouth-it’s REAL BIG.  I’m falling in…NOOOOO!!!  Not INSIDE!”  Just then the wave crashed over the shark and pushed him out of the way.  Dunk!

“I fell.  I’m inside the water again.  Great!  But where’s Toothie?  I see him.  He’s belly-up.  One point for Bottle, zippo, forever, Toothie.”  “Take me home, waves.  Send me on my way.” At the same time, the sun began to rise, the dawning of a changed day.  A day just to find that special someone, who will adore him, treasure him, keep him and make him theirs.  That someone who will make a difference. 
The waves began to sing.  Higher and lower.

The DAY.
The sea welcomed the blanket of warmth from the sun as Bottle dotes along for the ride.  The sea began to settle into its own.  The world is warming.  The boats are coming.  And the shore is closer.  “Land…Ho!!!!” as excitement fills Bottle. 

Finally, his journey is about to end. The invisible warmth, the invisible strength and the invisible hope pulling.  And as quickly a sling shot, pulling away from the water, as quickly they fell.  Rushing, crashing, crushing, falling. Rising higher, reaching farther to destiny.  The waves swirl and create a giant crescent in the air.  With no regard.  Hurdling toward the shore.  Forcing magically, as if through a string.  Forcing a rush. And what a rush.  As Bottle glistens with the light of the eternal heat, he slushes onto shore.  Pushing into the sand bar as his neck reaches over the steady waters, cradling him back and forth until he finally stays, stuck.  And waits.  He waits for my time to spring open a new revelation.  For someone to open him and stand him on the mantle. 
A final rest stop. 
The rest stop of many before me.
And the rest stop of many to come. 
The glory of sending a hopeful and loving message of light and promise. 
“To be opened by one’s true love who will wait with me to the end.” 

The End***************************************************

Word Count: 896
© Copyright 2007 A DUB of Creativity (awilda at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1299501-Invisible-Force