*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1302923-untitled
Rated: E · Other · Drama · #1302923
Couldnt think of a good title. Short story I did my freshman year of highschool.
Elizabeth Volta braced herself against the cold brick wall.She didnt like to fight,but this was lif or death.Her long black hair gleamed in the light of the moon.There was a faint trace of gunpowder in the air.She touched her stomach where the bullet had pierced her skin;lifting up her shirt to reveal the slightest patch of skin she watched the wound heal itself instantly.Immortality did have its benefits.She licked her lips,blood from a victim still on them.She nicked the tip of her tongue as she ran it over her sharp,pearl white teeth.Her black eyes narrowed when she spotted the figure leaning against the lamppost across the empty parking lot.A grimace spread on her face.

Phalcon.

He was reloading his gun.After he cocked it,he looked up in her direction.

      "You dont fight fair," she thought silently.The pain was eminent,noticeable,like a nuclear holocaust.He was strong,he had done damage.But she had done worse.

      "Are you saying I should?" he asked in return. "Correct me if I'm wrong but you are the  one who bites and drains people without question of their desire to live.Thats just what you did to my family.So don't waste your time telling me to fight fair." His answer was angry and she could feel it.
        She laughed when his necklace reflected the dim lights.

      "You really think that the cross you bear so faithfully will actually save you?Don't you,you ignorant fool?Put down the gun and fight like a man!"

  She stepped out of the alley and into the lighted parking lot.Still a little weak from injury although she had healed instantly,her pride surpassed all pain.

    The lights above and around were bright and created shadows that displayed her slender legs perfectly.Black leather complemented the deep red and black satin corset.Phalcon,her advisery,looked up and smiled.

  "It's a shame that a beautiful," he paused. "Thing like yourself should have to die." He winked at her. "But if my family was here to have a say in the matter you would have been dead already.Do you have any idea what it is like to hold your sister in your arms and watch her die?"

  She scoffed.The comment was nothing she hadn't dealt with before and she was sure there would be more to come,from her kind and humans alike.Her methods were somewhat inhumane,but she had to do what she had to do.

      He continued. "No,you don't know what it's like.If I didn't have lives to avenge I would show what it's like to hold someone that you love while they die in your arms and leave you helpless."

      He turned the gun over and over in his hand,gazing at it almost to the point of examination.Elizabeth pulled a dagger out of the back of her pants,where it had rested against her back under her corset.She smiled,her fangs shinning in the light,pale skin creased around a smile that never touched her eyes.Phalcon threw down his gun and walked toward her,slowly.They circled each other a couple of times,each wanting something from the other.She wanted his blood,he wanted her life.

A car pulled into the parking lot and for a second Elizabeth glanced up to see that it was Derek.If only a second earlier had he arrived,he could have stopped it and saved two lives.

  One second.That's all it took.Just one. Phalcon saw the chance and seized the moment.He drew a stake shaped dagger out of his boot and lunged toward his beautiful adversary.She didn't see him do it,just Derek stop dead in his tracks as if frozen in time.She felt the cold blade,staggered back a few steps,groped for the handle but gave up.The skin on her forearms ripped as she hit the pavement and groaned.She knew it had pierced the heart,she could feel the burn inside already.Phalcon stepped over to finish her,once and for all.He turned his head slightly and noticed Derek out of the corner of his eye.

    Derek was goin to run to Elizabeth but rather turned his attention to Phalcon when he turned around.Derek pounced Phalcon,knocking them both to the ground.He sat upon him and slugged him in the face with a fist full of rage.Phalcon's hands groped for Derek's face but couldn't find it;his eyes were blurry from the furry of angry fists.

    Derek screamed as he grabbed Phalcon's hair and began to slam his head against the pavement.Low strangled sobs were mixed with hate and angry screams.Blood began to surround the area around Phalcon's head.The struggle between the two slowed until Derek realized Phalcon was no longer moving.The blood smothered Derek's hands;they would never come clean again.

    Elizabeth tried to move,but it was difficult.She winced when she touched the area around the wound.Derek had stopped and stood up slowly.He quickly stepped over Phalcon's lifeless body and walked over to Elizabeth.He knelt beside her and propped her head on his lap.She smiled and tried to speak,but in place of words she found blood.

    "Shh,don't talk," he whispered.Shame rose inside him when he felt tears fall as he spotted the knife in her chest.It was a direct wound to the heart,fatal.

    She reached up and touched his cheek,finding strength for words when he smiled despite the blood and tears surrounding him.

    "Do you," she paused and tried again. "Remember the first day we met? When you saw me in the alley with that guy?" Blood followed her words,choking her a little.

  Her determination made it harder for him to find the chances to speak between sobs.He smiled and let out a slight chuckle at her mention of that day.

    "Yes,you scared the crap out of me.Seeing you with that guy,I thought you were kissing him.But when you looked up and I saw the blood on your mouth.And that hiss," he trailed off.

      She smiled.It was getting more and more difficult to keep her eyes open.

      He continued.

      "Do you remember all those times you would sneak into my bedroom and hide in my closet?I would open the door to get something and you would grab my hand,"he looked up into the sky and lauged. Then gazed back into her eyes.

      "Trying to scare me.I never screamed so loud in my life!"

        Elizabeth wanted to laugh but couldn't.The battle to keep her eyes open was one she didn't want to fight anymore.Derek leaned down and kissed her forehead.He didn't notice the blood on his lips from her forhead.He licked them absently.She saw and smiled.He wouldn't feel the change till she was gone,but she knew it was time.The pain wasnt bad now but the lights were getting dimmer and dimmer until they finally went out.

        Derek noticed that Elizabeth's eyes were closed.His throat chocked when he realizes she was gone.Tears overflowed onto her pale face leaving trails of pink on her forehead and over her closed eyes,down her cheeks.He pulled her closer and rested his forehead on hers.His shaggy black hair lay gently on her face,mingling with her blood.The pain was hard to distinguish from the sobs of anger.

      He had always told her how much he loved her;she would always return by saing that death shouldn't be loved so deeply.Now it was his turn to know exactly what she meant.He licked his lips again and they were salty from tears.But there was something else there,a flavor her couldn't place.He touched his bottom lip and looked at it. A deep sharp pain stabbed his stomach from within. His fingers were red.Looking up into the sky he screamed anguish.He had taken his last breath alongside the girl he loved.And for the first time his heart was filled with a new desire,one that would stay forever.Until he met his own Phalcon.

The moonlight reflected off his teeth.
© Copyright 2007 jessness (misfitsfan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1302923-untitled