*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1306713-To-another-world
Rated: E · Novel · Fantasy · #1306713
What would you do if someone told you, you were a royalty from another world?
Chapter 1
My World

I’m started out as just your average 17 year old girl trying to graduate from high school. Each day coming home with a ton of homework. High school was no easy task. I always had Muna and Jing Yi for best friends, though. And there was always Farha, Naresh, Geo ,Victor and Shekinah to keep me company. I was one of the popular teens at my school. I realize that all popular means is just having a lot of friends.

I live in Toronto Ontario, 20 Hagley rd with my parents in a bungalow. Things are very low key in my house. My parents lack excitement. It’s worse than that, actually. My parents lack action. Conflict. Drama. But I don’t let that stop me from having a good time. I Have the best friends in the world.

On Friday nights Muna, Jing Yi and I go to the movies and bring a date with us. I can’t believe that I’m bringing James. I’ve had thee biggest crush on him for about 3 months. He’s cute, funny, nice, and not obnoxious like most of the guys at my school.

Tonight just happens t be Friday. I’m in my underwear standing in front of my cupboard. I’ve tried on about 20 different outfits but none of them are quite right. There is only a half an hour left till ShowTime. Suddenly I see a baby blue halter-top and light brown nickers. Perfect! I quickly changed into the out fit, tied my long brown hair up in a bun, put on my Covergirl lip gloss and headed out the door and began to walk to the movie theater.

They were all there already. "Sorry. I’m a little late," I said regarding James. He was really cute. He had short blond air and light green eyes. We headed in the theater and got our tickets. Naresh was Muna’s date and Victor was Jing Yi’s.

We saw the movie "Pirates of the Caribbean 2." It was a pretty good movie, but the best part was that James had his arm around me the whole time. When the movie was over we went and got a coffee at Second Cup. I got so caught up in my date that I forgot to look at my watch so when I finally remembered it was 10:36 PM. Shot! My curfew is 10:00.

I ran home. When I opened to door to my house, my mom and dad were standing right there. "Where have you been?" Mom asked me. "I was at Second Cup." I answered. "I’m sorry I was late." "We were worried sick." "I was just a half an hour late." "45 and that’s not the point. It’s your responsible for getting home on time." Like I’d never heard that before. After that I just tuned out.

Chapter 2
The New World

When the weekend came my parents were pretty upset with me. I didn’t know what came over me in the week. Mom and Dad had gone out shopping for the day. I stayed at home. It was lunchtime and I was starving. I began to make K.D. I got out a pot and turned of the tap suddenly I heard a crack. What was that? I thought. My feet felt wet.

I looked down. There was water coming out of the cupboard below the sink. I gasped and opened the cupboard door. Suddenly I saw that the pipe was cracked and water was spilling out of it. "Shot" I said. Thinking fast I turned the nozzle in the off direction. One problem, the water didn’t stop, it just poured out faster and faster. I tried again. I backed up.

This was not good. There was freezing water pouring out of the tap and was spilling out of the pipe below. Not good at all. Suddenly I heard the tap running in the bathroom. Quickly, I ran of see the same thing happening for the bathroom sink and shower. Then I heard the same noise down stairs. I ran down the stairs. The downstairs bathroom sink and the bath tub. The house would drown at this rate. I had to stop the water.

I ran upstairs. The upstairs had the more valuable things. I would work up there first. I had no idea of what to do. Suddenly I had and idea. What if I channeled the water out the front door? That way it would damage anything it the house. I ran downstairs again to the workbench. I grabbed big planks of wood piled up near the entrance and began to look for some chawk.

I remembered that my dad had plastered the sliding glass doors to the shower base with chawk. It was perfect for what I needed it for. When I found it I rushed upstairs. There was a line layer of water across the kitchen floor already. I started in the bathroom. When the tub over flowed it would spread all over the floor and the same with the sink.

I put a board beside the tub across the door and out into the hall. Then I did the same thing to the side out the sink that led out into the hall aswell. I stock another little panel to make sure that the water didn’t hit the toilet. Then I continued the path down the hall and into the kitchen. Plastering each piece firmly to the floor with the chaulk.

Then I continued the path through the kitchen and out the door. The water was up to my knees. I watched as the water rushed out the door quite easily. Now for the downstairs.

Suddenly I was back in front of the sink again. The floor was clean and the planks were gone. There was water in my pot and the water was off. I put the pot down on the counter. Was it all a dream? I thought. I had lost my appetite. There was a knock at the door. I walked over to the front door and opened it. There standing in front of me stood a creature with pointed ears and long black hair.

That’s all I saw, for then everything then went black. I awoke to find myself on a soft bed in the most gorgeous room I had ever seen. The bed I slept in was a four poster one with white puffy pillows and several white comforters. The room looked as though it was fit for a queen. It was a soft pinky-peach colour.

I looked in front of the bed and in disbelief. There was a unit sort of resembling a dresser. On it was placed my hair brush, makeup and hair clips! I looked to my right and saw a book self filled with all my books. Beside it was a circle shaped desk with all my school supplies and on it was a note. I sat up and got to my feet. Where was I? This is just like a scene from a movie. I though to myself.

I continued to look around. This is surely a dream. But what if it is real? There were two doors in the room. I peered in one and there was my closet with all my clothes placed carefully placed in it. I assumed the other one lead out of the room. I peered at the note left on the desk. It read in elaborate handwriting:

Dear Bethelle,
I can only imagine that you are very confused, upset and frightened right now. But it’s all right we mean you no harm. This is your home planet, Karithia, and this is your room. You should really come downstairs and join me for tea when you’re ready. Then we ca talk.
Your long lost father,
Cemper Zoria

After reading the letter I did what any girl or anyone for that matter would probably do. I fainted. When I awoke for the second time I was actually in the same place then I had been before I had fainted. That was a relief. Well, I had concluded that this was in fact real and that scared the hell out of me.

With shaking arms and legs I slowly walked to wards the door. I grasp the door handle, breathed in and with one mighty yank, flung open the door, jumping backwards. So far so good. I slowly stepped out of the room. The site that met my eyes was breath taking. There was a big elegant staircase just to the left of my right. It was made of some sort of glass. It was only half see-through.

I could see that I was on the third floor. The landing was a circle and in the middle, a big whole with a glass railing going all the way around the whole. I peered out down over the railing. I could see the first floor. There was several chairs and couches with some sort of pedestal in the center of the room. I looked up and saw that there was another floor and hang from the ceiling, a gigantic chandelier.

I looked down again and saw that there was a small figure staring back up at me. I quickly ducked. "It’s alright. Why don’t you come down and have some coffee or tea with me and we can talk." he said. That must be Cemper, I thought to myself. His voice sounded so calm and soothing. I recognized it some where, but I couldn’t remember where.

So I headed for the stairs. My shaking hand gripped the handrail and I began to walk down the steps. As I walked down the steps to figure came more into focus. He looked about in his late 30’s, early 40’s. He was quite handsome for a man his age. He wore a small crown and dark blue clothes and cloak.

"Hello." he said when I had reached the bottom. "My your beautiful." I smiled at the compliment. "Hello," I returned, it was the only thing that I could thing of the say. "Please, sit down," he said, motioning his hand over to two chairs near us. "Alright," I said. We both sat down. "Coffee? Tea?" he offered. "Umm… I think tea would be nice, thank you," I said shyly. He nodded and with that clapped his hands twice. I looked at him puzzled.

Then a maid came walking over to us. "Yes?" she said. "We’d like two teas, please and thank you." He said. "Coming right up. Then she left. I looked down at my feet. "You like your room?" he said. "Yes, it simply gorgeous." I said. "But umm…" I paused searching for the right words. "I already have a bedroom at home." I said. "Be this is your home." He said. "I don’t understand," I said. "You were born on this planet." He said looked at me with steady eyes. I could tell he was very wise.

"You see," he continued. "Your mother died shortly after your birth." "And my father?" I asked. "You’re looked at him," he said. I signed impertinently. "This is ridiculous." I said suddenly letting out my frustration. "Bethelle, you must try to understand," he said. "Fifteen years ago we were under attack by Compies. They’re a tribe of their own. Three days before you were born. I sent you do earth so you could be safe on a transporter machine.

Unfortunately the machine was destroyed in the fight. And the team, who what built it, killed. There was no way to bring you back." At this point a huge smile came across his face. "And now they have fixed it! You were able to come back to us." And my, what a young lady you have turned out to be." I didn’t know what to believe.

The maid came back with the tea. I took a sib from my cup. It was very different then the tea I had had at home. It tasted like a mix of jasmine and ginger. "Let me guess" I said sarcastically. "You’re going to tell me next that I have super powers," he tilted his head ever so slightly. "Oh my god, I do?" I asked. "What type of powers?" I asked slowly. I felt dizzy.

"I don’t know, that’s for you do figure out. Anyways, why don’t you join me for supper tonight? You must be very hungry. It’s in about ten goiose." "Goiose?" "Umm… let me think… umm… I believe that that is twenty minutes," he confirmed. "You can meet the rest of the council." "Umm… is everyone human here?"

"No, no one on this planet is human, not even you," he said slowly. "There are Elves, Horises, Dwarves, well, you won’t find them here, they live in the mountains, Exesters, and Bomples. And then there are us, we are well, what humans would call Mutants, I believe. But we call ourselves Mintics." "I see." I said.

With that took the last sip of my tea a ran up to my room, shutting the door behind me. And with that screamed into one of my pillows. Then I just lay on my bed. After that I picked out my outfit for supper. Then I headed back down stairs. My father was waiting for me at the bottom of the steps. He escorted me to the dining room.

Like anything in the palace the dining room was huge and lit with a gorgeous chandelier. When my father and I first stepped in the room everyone was there already. They stood up and bowed to us, then they sat back down most of the council were men. They all seemed to stare at me. This made me feel uncomfortable. My father sat down at one end of the table and motioned for me to sit beside him.

Then several maids came out from no where and served us dinner. Everyone dug in. But there was something missing. "There are the forks and knifes?" I whispered to Cemper. "Why, my dear you have to use your hands." "Oh…" and with that my belly growled loudly. Some men giggled, even Cemper. "Better eat up, my dear." Cemper told me. I picked up a piece of some sort of fruit and put in my mouth as quickly as I could. The fruit melted in my mouth. It was delicious. In short order my food was gone, and fingers were sticky. I glanced around, and then, when I was positive no one was looking, quickly licked my fingers.

"We should’ve brought the young lady some hankies," a voice said beside me. I turned to see a handsome young man siting there. He had the bluest eyes I had ever seen and longish light brown hair. The other men giggled. The man Just smiled at me. He was the most handsome man I had ever seen. I felt the heat rise t me cheeks. "Name’s Jehu Scudder, your hyenas." "Your hyenas?" I asked.

Jehu lifted one eyebrow and said. "You are the daughter of the king aren’t you?" he asked. I turned to my father. He nodded and pointed to his crown. I smiled so big my cheeks hurt. That would make me a princess. I told myself. After supper I lay on my bed thinking about all that had gone on today. I had noticed that there was a balcony over looking the gardens. The flowers were so beautiful and exotic. I just could not get over this place.

Chapter 3
Jehu

It was raining. It had be 2 weeks and I was finally starting to take it all in. I was starting to believe what was in front of my eyes. I was placed in a huge gorgeous room with balcony over looking the gardens. The flowers were so beautiful and exotic. I just had to go down and get a better look. I wasn’t allowed in the gardens you see, so I had to sneak. It was such a beautiful place.

The rain set the mood. I hadn’t sung sense I had been in Karithia. I looked around to make sure that no one was around then started to sing a song I had wrote a while back. I missed home but I know that this was my real home and my people needed me. I couldn’t abandon them. When the song ended I heard a voice behind me.

"You’re a really good singer. I turned to see a handsome young men standing before me. He had the bluest eyes I had ever seen and longish light brown hair. I said. "Tell me, is part of your job as barbric to gawk at young women," I snapped. His face-hardened, "No." he said "When I suggest that you turn around and leave me along."

"Sorry, princess," he said. Suddenly Thilaxshan passed by and noticed my presents in the garden. "Great," I said sarcastically. Jehu turned around to face him. "What have I told you?" Thilaxshan asked. I opened my mouth to answer but was stopped by Jehu. "I’ll take responsibility for her," he said. And with that turned to face me. Thilaxshan grumped off.

"I’ll take responsibility for her?" I mimicked "I can defend myself, thank you very much! I don’t need you to spoon me out of trouble!" I snapped. Jehu looked amused. "You’re a feisty thing aren’t you?" "Excuse me!" I shouted, "I don’t think you want to get on my bad side," I threatened. "Aren’t I already?" he asked me. "Shut up" I snapped. And as I passed him I hit his shoulder with mine.

"I don’t even get a thank you?" he asked after me. I turned around. "For what calling me feisty?" I asked. "No, for keeping you out of trouble with Thilaxshan," he said. "Maybe you could thank me buy having lunch with me?" he asked. I was astonished. I stood up straight. "I guess that would be adequate," trying to us big words.

"Good," he said smiling at me. "I’ll meet you in front of the palace in 10 Goioses," he said, and with that he turned his back and started out of the garden. I half ran/ half skipped. Back to the palace. Cemper was outside. "Shall we have lunch?" he asked. "Actually, I’m having lunch with Jehu today, but thanks for offering," Father looked at me suspiciously. "Like a date," "Well, not really, just an outing," Just then Jehu came strolling down the pavement leading to the palace.

"Hello again," he said. "HI," returned. "Let’s go, I’m starving," he said and then suddenly realized that my father was staring him down. "If that’s okay with his royal hyenas," he said quickly. "Its alright, be no funny business," He warned. "I’ll have her back in due time," Jehu promised, dragging me down the path.

We arrived at a cute little hut if there ever was one. It had a cute little patio and we sat down at a table for two. Soon the waiter came out and took our orders. "I’ll take the Coius with Lesh," he said, handing the waiter his menu. "Make that two," I said, handing the waiter mine. I had no idea what that was, but then again I didn’t know what any of the foods were. Hopefully Jehu had good taste.

The food was delicious. As we ate we talked about both worlds. His was very interesting. Suddenly an orchestra started up in the middle of the square. "It’s a catchy tune, care to dance?" he asked. My stomach flipped. "Dance? I couldn’t possibly." Jehu gave a hint of a smile. "Sure you could!" He grabbed my hand and pulled me toward the crowd.

"But…i…i… don’t know the steps." "That makes two of us," he said," just move to the beat," and with that started pulling me into the crowd and twirling me around.

Please tell me what you think about it so far. There’s more on the way.








© Copyright 2007 Sugar and Spice (bluebaby1994 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1306713-To-another-world