*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1318043-The-Door-Unfinished
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #1318043
A family that moved to Vermont is haunted by an ancient evil
The Door

Prologue
          In almost every town, there is one house that is different from the others. It's the house that just doesn't have something right about it; the one that kids dare each other to go up to at night, and ring the doorbell. That house in Kingston was 77 Meetinghouse Hill Road. There was an old man that lived there, but he had died of a heart attack months ago, now it was always dark; always quiet, and many kids swear they'll still see the lights go on when they walk by. Rumors always go around that a long time ago,  before the foundation for the house was even set, a man was hung there for murder. Before he died, he said he would haunt the place where he was hung, and the site of the murder for eternity.

Chapter 1
                "A load of garbage!" Michael Robinson told his wife in the moving car. "Just a bunch of silly rumors, isn't that right, Georgie?"
         "Yes, sir," little Georgie said. George Robinson was only eight years old, but he still stood tall at 4' 10". He was skinny, a rather lanky kid who loved to explore everywhere. Naturally, moving to a new place was exciting to him, he didn't care about silly rumors, besides the house was huge! All the new places to explore, all the new friends he would make. George was just the same as most other kids his age, carefree. However his parents were far from it, after all, they had lived in North Carolina almost their whole lives, they weren't ready for such a big change.
         "We'll get through it honey, you'll see," Mike promised, but his wife, Janet still wasn't sure. Neither was Mike to be honest; the house had been up for sale for months and even the other parents were uneasy about the place, but Michael Robinson just didn't believe in ghosts.
         When they arrived at 77 Meetinghouse Hill Road, George immediately jumped out of the car. "Wow!" he shouted ecstatically. The house certainly was big, with a warm ,welcoming spring green lawn and lots of woods out in the back. Mike chuckled and followed little Georgie into the house. Janet looked around and was rather impressed.
         "Just needs a little fixing up, that's all," she said, smiling at the gentle New England sun. With that, she followed the other two into the house contently, no one even thought about the rumors. After all they were just the same as any other happy family moving into a wonderful new home; carefree.
© Copyright 2007 DragonFire787 (dragonfire787 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1318043-The-Door-Unfinished