*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1327675-The-Sintorian-Wars-Chapter-1
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Action/Adventure · #1327675
The beggining of the story. Chapter 1: "Reign"
Chapter one
Reign



"Wake up you lazy boy its already the sixth hour", the old man said to Reign. Reign was an orphan. His father killed by goblins on a hunting trip on Reign's eighth year. It was now eleven years later and Rein questioned why he was still taking orders from the old hermit who took him in as a laborer on his small farm. He made for a good worker cause of his abundant strength and stamina but he hated the abuse from the old man. His father had always treated him as if a jewel; always telling him that his blood was special even though they were basic folk, living off the land. Upon his eightteenth birthday he was supposed to learn somthing but it never came about. He got up and went about his normal routine of getting dressed in a rush, eating the scrapps off the old man's table, and rushing out to the fields to work. he worked from the seventh hour till the sixth hour every day, seven days a week. but from seven to ten was his time. He Spent it with his friends, Trott and Zachur. In his eyes they were the only familly he had since his mother died in child birth and his father by goblin sword. Today though he found himself alone in the library of Sipore`, a small fishing town boarderieng the western woods and the eastern ocean. This is the town that Reign knew as home it was a quaint town with many docks for the fisherman, a fair market and a big heart. The buildings were simple stone structures with wooded roofs and all homes had front poarches that the families would eat dinner at in the evenings. The Library was the key to the city and its pride and here Reign, sifted through the old books every week and today and one caught his eye...it was called "Battle for Men". It told the heroic story of King Michael and his armies...about the sintorian and their defeat and proceeded to tell of the after affects of the war.
Most of the Lands recovered but not all... in the western lands of Sorth there lies nothing but black wasteland. as for the nations of the time...it took over 300 years for most of them to recover from the attacks. but saddly many never reappeared. their lands divided amongst the nations evenly. and as for Noin; she was left alone out of respect but the land itself went to ruin. with no King or army and no known heir left alive the country fell and was left to be overrun by every evil creature that needs no walls of cities.
The origional story had been written by an elf by the name of Fraytic. Who stated that he alone survived the fight by fleeing through a moutain pass during the magical storm. He then proceeded to say that the book was still in the realm of men and would forever be hiden until the throne of Noin was once again ruled by a blood member.
The story captivated Reign. He read and read until the giant clock in the town square struck ten... He was late and Reign knew that meant that he was sleeping in the pig house tonight. It didn't bother him though for he was content to read the book at the library.
As he continued to read he stumbled on the picture of the young prince. He froze when he realized that the portrait was a mirror image of himself. stunned he gazed more closely and saw that the Prince had on a necklece that he'd swear to the Gods that he'd seen before...but where? Then it hit him. His father had once showed him the same necklece and said it was a special heir loomb of his "special blood". He never had quite figured what that may mean until now. He suddenly remembered that the box of his father's posessions was put up in the barn at the old man's house. As he got up to leave the library for home he heard a deathening cry. The smell of burning wood caught his nose. he rushed to the window to see if a house or shop was on fire but it was a far worse fate.
"Forrest Trolls, Forrest trolls!!",a cry came from the street. sure enough it was an attack! Forrest trolls often raided human villages such as this for fish but this did not seem like a raid...it was a diliberate attack. Fire could be seen from the west side of the village as they made way into the interior. Rein was frightened because Trott and Zachur lived on the west side of town in the baker's shop. Rein started out the door and down a back ally hoping to avoid the trolls in the narrow passages between the buildings. As he got furrther west the screams for help grew almost deafening people rushed through the allys hoping for a quick escape from the mossish giants. the smell of fire grew more potent as he could now see flames rise above his head. His fear only grew worse when he saw the baker's shop in flames and wandered if his brothers were ok. It was then in that train of thought that the adjacent smithy began to crumble under the loss of its wooden support. Reign was forced to quickely run into the open street where he stood, his eyes looking directly into the Knee cap of a troll.
It stared at him for but a second but it seemed like an eternity for Reign who stood still in terror. The massive creature thrust his foot at Reign sending him flying up against a horse troph, knocking him unconscious...The last thing he saw before blacking out was sight of the bakery collapsing as he impacted the troph.
He awoke the next morning to the sunlight, hazzy through the smoke of the devestated town. As he came to, he all at onced realized that he was still alive. He shot up and ran to the pile of burned wood and crumbled stone where the bakery once stood. He shifted through the rubble half the day and found no one, much to his relief. the felling of thanks quikely vanished as he realized the entire town was destroyed...his entire home. He rushed to the beach and under the dock bridge where Trott, Zachur, and himself would always meet up. as he arrived he realized no one was there but found an engraving on the pillar. It said, "We are fleeing the city by boat, and we dont know if we'll see each other again brother but remember we travel north, Zachur". Reign was both relieved and filled with sorrow. They were alive but he might never see them again. With anguish he turned his attention to the farm. He rushed back to see if it still stood or faced the same fate as the town. As he arrived he was astonished to find the house, pig house, and half the barn burned to the ground. The old man though was thrown against a stump. Even at a distance Reign could see he was badly bleeding. As he ran up to him he realized that it was not a troll's club that wounded him but bad burns. Reign cried, "what happened here"? with a broken voice the old man told Reign that in the fire, he ran into the barn to save the box of Reign's things. Reign was touched by this act but it never hurt so bad as when he said, "its been eleven years and i never told you my name was Amillious...and that I love you as my own son..." he began to caugh a thick blood but continued against Reign's desire. "and...ive been hard...on you...because I want you to succeed and I know that you are...the last..." those were his final words as his mouth shut and his head hung low.



© Copyright 2007 Tales From the Soul (vivid at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1327675-The-Sintorian-Wars-Chapter-1